No announcement yet.

Cuban Fans Are Rigo's Biggest Problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Miami is not a sport town, its a front runner city.
    What does front runner mean when used to describe a city?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Has Arum even tried to hold a show for him in south Florida? How does he know that he won't draw?

The guy doesn't even look like he wants to promote Rigo. Look at how he blatantly puts him down in public.
      he's fought down there on espn FNF a few times, but when have those cards ever attracted massive amounts of fans?

Comment

I remember that one Cuban poster was always talking about how it was myth that Cubans didn't support their fighters and he constantly cited filling out an arena for Casamayor vs Seda.

When I looked it up, it turned out there was only a crowd of 1,500 in a 20,000 capacity arena.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-13-2013, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          What does front runner mean for a city?
          They won't show up to a Rigo fight, but they flood the streets if Floyd showed up, regardless of race, ethnicity or gender.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
            he's fought down there on espn FNF a few times, but when have those cards ever attracted massive amounts of fans?
            I checked Boxrec and he fought a total of 3 times in Florida: twice in Miami Beach and once in Ft. Lauderdale.

But that was before Arum was promoting him. Since he is such a smart promoter he should be able to do a better job than those guys did.

Get creative. Maybe put him and Gamboa on the same card, perhaps before or after a Miami Heat game.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              They won't show up to a Rigo fight, but they flood the streets if Floyd showed up, regardless of race, ethnicity or gender.
              I get you. Seems weird though not only is Rigo Cuban but he's a Champion who just beat a consensus top 10 P4P boxer. If his own fans won't get behind that why would Rigo's manager expect others to?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I checked Boxrec and he fought a total of 3 times in Florida: twice in Miami Beach and once in Ft. Lauderdale.

But that was before Arum was promoting him. Since he is such a smart promoter he should be able to do a better job than those guys did.

Get creative. Maybe put him and Gamboa on the same card, perhaps before or after a Miami Heat game.

rofl.

people don't stick around for the entire heat game. what makes you think they're gonna watch one of hte most boring boxers on the planet according to the casual fan.

you don't know what you're talking about. florida is a horrible boxing market. frankly, they've got other stuff to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I remember that one Cuban poster was always talking about how it was myth that Cubans didn't support their fighters and he constantly cited filling out an arena for Casamayor vs Seda.

When I looked it up, it turned out there was only a crowd of 1,500 in a 20,000 capacity arena.

call him out by name. this will be fun.

Comment

The economy is hurting there. Outside football & basketball there isn't much of a sports fanbase. Hockey & baseball don't draw well at all. The 2 baseball & 2 hockey teams are hurting for attendance. Arizona has same issues... Is it because they are states with large tourist/retirement population? Cubans must not care about baseball or boxing once they are gone outside cuba...

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      How many people showed up for Lucas Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr?

Comment

Working...
                      X