Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
    I can't believe a fighter that has a 75% KO is considered "boring", speed kills and what's even better is Rigondeaux has some power to go with it. Rigondeaux would KO'ed Arce, Nishoka, Vasquez and sloppy punching Mathebula easily. Donaire would of his ass murdered if he tried to exchange with Rigo.

I hope Rigo has the chance to opt out of his Top Recycling promotion contract and switch to golden boy but I think even making the switch, GBP will put Santa Cruz near him. Rigo stops Mares and Cruz on body shots or TKO
    Rigo has just 3 KO's in his last 6 fights and is coming off back to back snoozers that went the distance.

He's hardly the knockout artist you imagine him to be.

Further more, it takes more than knockouts to entertain fans. When a fighter runs and runs and runs and then lands a big punch, it's still boring.

Not only that, but fans aren't just entertained by exciting developments during fights, they are entertained by the demeanor and attitude of the fighters involved.

That's why Floyd Mayweather draws such a big crowd. He may have a somewhat elusive approach, but he's not scared and you can see that he has every intention of putting a world of hurt on the opposition. He does a great job of talking and hyping his fights up, and getting in the opposition's head. Floyd moves to put himself in position to take the opponent out.

With Rigondeaux, he just plain runs from the opposition while pot shotting here and there and making a mockery of the fight game. Add to that the fact that he has a boring persona and you get what you have:

A fighter that simply isn't marketable.

Sad but true.

Comment

Bob Arum should just let him Rigondeaux leave, it is as clear as day that the man is salty over him tipping the apple cart in his fight against Donaire. Shows what's ****ed up with the sport of boxing, if you're a low profile fighter you will more than likely get robbed, but in situations where they take away the possibility of a robbery they get blackballed. They just can't catch a break.

This is where sanctioning bodies should have more control, but they're just as corrupt and sickening. Also sickening that people co-sign this nonsense. As though Rigondeaux should have fought Donaire's fight. People only want to see a circus act, where boxers like Rigondeaux play the role of a lion jumping through a flaming hoop.

Comment

I'd pay to watch Rigondeaux fight every week if I could. One of the most gifted fighter's I've seen; and the same goes for Andre Ward, Floyd.. Love watching boxer/punchers or brawlers too. The Sweet Science is beautiful because of different styles.

Comment

Originally posted by migaledut View Post
          I don't understand why rigo gets the heat from the ones who consider his fight with donaire was "boring", after all it was donaire who was afraid to engage because he was getting popped every time he tried.
          Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
          i agree 100% with this.

it was donaire that FAILED that night...
          Originally posted by shoog View Post
          And everyone blames rigo but it was donaire who was scared ****less in that fight and wouldn't throw because he was getting countered to death.
          It's amazing how few of us seem to have seen that. I shudder to think what would happen in other sports if peoples' perceptions had anything to do with scoring.

Comment

Rigo doesn't deserve that ****. Folks act as if if he keeps winning, he won't gain popularity. He will. I don't blame Team Rigo. That is completely undeserved.

Comment

Also when you think about it, how often does his management team release news tidbits on Rigo? He fights, then falls off the map. Even his own management team do not push the guy. They come in here and complain about Arum and HBO, but where are they pushing this guy?

I remember even Edison Miranda had a management team who always released funny statements and tidbits left and right from the guy. That stuff keeps a fighter current and talked about. We never hear anything from Rigo's camp, unless they are looking for money and a date.

Comment

And everyone blames rigo but it was donaire who was scared ****less in that fight and wouldn't throw because he was getting countered to death.
                Donaire was moving forward and initiating the action... Rigondo was moving away and avoiding the action

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                Donaire himself is not what you call an exciting fighter. He prefers to counter. He knew that and realized he had to take risk and be more entertaining for the sake of the paying public. He's been doing that in his recent fights. But STILL he'll never become a PPV star. There's no DLH in his division. Add another boring Rigo to the mix, aarrggh...

Donaire has power and that's why people want to watch him... though some of his opponents lately have just been trying to go the distance with Donaire

I can understand casual viewers not being impressed but to hear boxing fans knocking rigos fight with doNaire and saying that rigo has a boring style is a damn shame. It was a masterclass in boxing and rigor is a grandmaster. Put him in there with the bums donaire fought last year and I'm sure he'd knock them all out Vazquez ,matthebula cmon. I'd like to see him fight donaire again.
                Rigondo's style is an impressive display of skill... and it's boring... The 2 are not mutually exclusive... it's impressively boring or boringly impressive, but impressive nonetheless, however unprofitable for HBO. casual boxing fans won't pay to watch him prance and dance for 12 rounds.

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                i agree 100% with this.

it was donaire that FAILED that night. he was headlining, it was his fans, it was supposed to be his showcase... the lack of adjustment was just disgusting.

rigo had NO pressure to please the fans, so he did what he HAD to do. secure the win and burst 'nitos balloon.
                I agree.... Donaire didn't show up and failed... but the way Rigondo fought, you can't blame HBO for not wanting to show him on their airwaves again.

Originally posted by racostaa View Post
                If you want to see again Donaire loosing make the fight again, and I hope Donaire don't run again like he did in 12 round when he thought he can be knocked.
                LOLs... so Rigondo runs 11 rounds, and people knock Donaire for running in round 12? Come on mang... If you like running as a style then like it, even if Donaire is doing it...

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                I can't believe a fighter that has a 75% KO is considered "boring", speed kills and what's even better is Rigondeaux has some power to go with it. Rigondeaux would KO'ed Arce, Nishoka, Vasquez and sloppy punching Mathebula easily. Donaire would of his ass murdered if he tried to exchange with Rigo.
                Yeah, Rigondo got some pop... but he should throw more punches to make it count and impress the casual fans

I hope Rigo has the chance to opt out of his Top Recycling promotion contract and switch to golden boy but I think even making the switch, GBP will put Santa Cruz near him. Rigo stops Mares and Cruz on body shots or TKO
                Ya'll think GBP is any better? Didn't Schaefer shi.t on Lara for being hard to promote?

anyways, I would like to see Rigondo vs. Mares cause Mares got that hit-n-hold style that might be able to rough up Rigondo

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  Bob Arum should just let him Rigondeaux leave, it is as clear as day that the man is salty over him tipping the apple cart in his fight against Donaire. Shows what's ****ed up with the sport of boxing, if you're a low profile fighter you will more than likely get robbed, but in situations where they take away the possibility of a robbery they get blackballed. They just can't catch a break.

This is where sanctioning bodies should have more control, but they're just as corrupt and sickening. Also sickening that people co-sign this nonsense. As though Rigondeaux should have fought Donaire's fight. People only want to see a circus act, where boxers like Rigondeaux play the role of a lion jumping through a flaming hoop.
                  I think she should also. Since he is only a co-promoter in Rigo, he refuses to invest the money to build him. If he was a full promoter it may have been different.

Comment

Nito was fighting guys a step under him which made him look lika p4p champ he finally got in the ring with a guy on his level an we all saw the true nito.
                    Its happening more an more now look at ggg,abner,mikey,danny,chavez jr. an soon canelo rigo is a very good boxer give him his credit id rather see rigo vs mares then any fight nito will or can land hands down!!!!!

Comment

Since when is putting on a clinic boring? Not everyone wants to go in the ring and backyard brawl and then you're out your prime by the time you're 30.

Comment

Working...
                      X