No announcement yet.

Provodnikov vs Alverado ...who wins it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
    If Provo's power is what it looked like against Bradley... He will win by KO... Rios' power is a bit overrated, Alvarado could step inside for a bit against him, but not against Provo
    Rios inside game and punch variety is way better than Provodnikov's. Plus he's way better at cutting the ring down.

Comment

I think Provo at 147 is different fighter at 140. His work rate isn't outstanding, but his shots come with bad intentions.

Comment

Great fight I think Provodnikov wins.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
          Rios inside game and punch variety is way better than Provodnikov's. Plus he's way better at cutting the ring down.
          He's better at cutting off the ring against other face first brawlers

The big factor here is during the Bradley fight when Provo just covered up as Bradley whaled on him

But, still, I'd say Bradley is tougher and more skilled than Alvarado... That's the difference

Comment

Mike "Mile High" Alvarado wins this fight because he is the more versatile of the two fighters. He can punch as well as box from the outside with his lower body movement. This was the similar strategy that Timothy Bradley had implemented over his decision win over Ruslan in the middle rounds of their bout back in March of this year. While Provodnikov on the other hand; Who can also hit and is a very tough and durable opponent but yet is easy to predict. He knows only one way to fight and that is by plodding forward, while eating a lot of punches in the process, in order to land power punches of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
              He's better at cutting off the ring against other face first brawlers

The big factor here is during the Bradley fight when Provo just covered up as Bradley whaled on him

But, still, I'd say Bradley is tougher and more skilled than Alvarado... That's the difference
              Acosta when he was champion wasn't a "face first brawler" and Rios cut off the ring fine and neither was Anthony Peterson. You have dig deeper than the Avarado fights. Acosta was on a big winning streak when Rios beat him and was champion, coming off of that great win over an unbeaten Antillion and was at the top of his game. And Bradley is only more skilled than Alvarado when he actually shows it, which he didnt against Prodvodnikov which makes that a moot point. If you compare the way Alvarado fought Rios in the rematch and the way Bradley fought Provodnikov, who looks more skillful? I definitely know who fought more intelligently and clearly it was Alvarado.

Comment

Ill have to go with Provodnikov I think he will want to prove something this time round and a stoppage would do just that.

Comment

provo is more explosive than rios & more relentless. i can imagine provo smothering alvarado forcing him to engage, which leads to provo stopping him. rios slowly stalked alvarado and couldnt adjust to his movement. we saw provo cut the ring off beautifully against a VERY mobile bradley. and im sure everyone would agree bradley is the superior boxer compared to alvarado.

alvarado would have to fight a VERY disciplined fight to beat provo
                  Last edited by waxfondler; 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

What I can't understand is how so many boxing fans are sleeping on Alvarado's punching power. Brandon Rios was both buckled and hurt several times by him in their two previous meetings. Also, just based off Provodnikov's most recent performance; Let's get real guys and let's not pretend that he was a facing a real huge puncher in the light hitting arm punching Timothy Bradley. If Bradley could punch he would've easily KO Ruslan Provodnikov with the amount of clean punches he landed. Now just imagine what would Alvarado would do to him if given a similar chance?

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                      Acosta when he was champion wasn't a "face first brawler" and Rios cut off the ring fine and neither was Anthony Peterson. You have dig deeper than the Avarado fights. Acosta was on a big winning streak when Rios beat him and was champion, coming off of that great win over an unbeaten Antillion and was at the top of his game. And Bradley is only more skilled than Alvarado when he actually shows it, which he didnt against Prodvodnikov which makes that a moot point. If you compare the way Alvarado fought Rios in the rematch and the way Bradley fought Provodnikov, who looks more skillful? I definitely know who fought more intelligently and clearly it was Alvarado.
                      Anthony Peterson is a face first brawler... Maybe not literally "face first", but he is most effective on the inside... Lamont said it best, he's a boxer that can brawl, Anthony is a brawler that can box

Acosta was thirty somethin, and how good of a boxer was he really... A winning streak against who? Antillon? (The answer to that question is YES, against Antillon)

Ur acting like Alvarado schooled Rios from round 1 - 12... He got hurt a couple times, and other than sticking and moving against slower shorter version Antonio Margarito (I guarantee he will not be the last), when has he ever showed masterful skills?

And the point of the Bradley comparison is that Bradley stopped only a few times per round to brawl, and as soon as Provo caught him he was hurt... Alvarado will (its in his nature) stop and trade with Provo, and I guarantee Provo will hurt him, and unlike Bradley, who knows how to survive, Alvarado will get stopped

Comment

Working...
                      X