Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people still arguing wiht Downy tax? We're talking someone who literally attributes weakness to Lucas from Lucas's brother, because since they're brothers they must be the exact same fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Why are people still arguing wiht Downy tax? We're talking someone who literally attributes weakness to Lucas from Lucas's brother, because since they're brothers they must be the exact same fighter.
      You're right, its like talking to a cup full of piss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        Lucas will bring out the best in Swift...it happens in sports!!!
        How long should our avy/sig bet be for bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          How long should our avy/sig bet be for bro?
          Hey T whats the bet im curious

I think you all are underestimating Danny. Ive seen him fight and the kid is good but like all fighters he has flaws and those flaws will be exposed by Lucas.
          To the poster who said Lucas doesnt have the timing I think you are confused. Floyd and JMM are experts at timing the thing is they arent one punch KO artists, has it happened yeah but not frequent.
          Lucas is a one punch KO artist and his timing is seen less because instead of say Floyds straight right hand taggin his opponent all night Lucas just needs one punch to call it anight

Comment

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            Again, u say so much, and yet u really say nothing at all...

So I'll summarize everything real quick

Matthysse - Judah was close becuz Matthysse tried to box with him early instead of hard charging his way inside like he's done to every opponent since. His own corner admits this early in the fight "Great boxing, he thought you were just knocking guys out, he didn't know you can box" - paraphrased... This cost him early, but no later than round 6 did he start winning rounds more and more one-sided

80% Of Judah's landed punches were jabs, Matthysse was landing straight rights to the body all night... Power Punch > Jab every time

I didn't get to rewatch the fight last night, which is why I'm back here, so ur bias and sanity are still in question, but any buckling Matthysse does in the Alexander fight (lets not forget Alexander knocked out Juan Urango with one punch), was most likely an insignificant instance in a round that ur bias for Garcia forces u to blow out of proportion... A 5 year old can hits u with a punch u don't see coming, and ur knee will buckle, it doesn't mean anything - Again, we'll see
            Why do everyone on this forum have to project their ***ual deviancy in their response when they are being schooled on what they lack in their boxing knowledge.

Anyway I been said that was why Matthyse lost that fight against Judah, he didn't know how to deal with the boxing so he tried to box which left him more exposed. Now you are seeing things if you say he started winning once round 6 hit because that is simply not true. It was a close competitive fight but Judah definitely hit him more, most of Matthyse punches were caught on the gloves that were counted by Compubox. I believe if Matthyse would had landed as many of the punches that Compubox counted against Zab Judah, he would had not gone the distance.

Going on about my sanity when you seem to have a mental disease that eats away at your fragile emotions over a fighter is laughable bro. Especially when you say a 5 year old can buckle you with a punch and it is not significant. Bro you are really making me laugh my ass off right now LOL

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            Just so u know, the only reason I put the you like to suck cocks and dicks thing was becuz of ur last paragraph... We can go back to be adults now if u want

Yes, Danny Garcia is a very good boxer, he doesn't so much adapt as instead he comes in with the perfect game plan... Hit Khan with a counter left, Keep Judah back with constant right hands... But he has horrible defense, a shaky chin, and by the end of every fight, probably becuz he's gassed, he throws the game plan out the window and starts winging big hooks...

I can see him keeping Matthysse at a distance for the first few rounds, but Matthysse comes forward with just enough defense to protect his already granite chin, fighting behind a good jab and straight right hand to the body combo that will back Garcia to the ropes, simultaneously slowing him down for later in the fight... And its just plain old logic, u don't have to have a glass jaw for Matthysse to hurt u, and Danny is going to get hurt in this fight by the biggest puncher he's faced so far... There's no way u can't see that happening

Like I said, Matthysse's chin is not in question, he took a flush counter left from Judah, which has stunned and knocked out many fighters before, and smiled at him... A temporary knee buckle doesn't mean an thing... Garcia was wobbled around the ring holding on for his life against a former Jr. Featherweight in his late 30's
            Bro we all know you go coo coo for Matthyse nuts, just a closeted ******* that projects his feelings for his compañera Matthyse on to other men. Enough, I'm not going to role play with you..

We are here to present are arguments in a reasonable manner even though your choice shows that you are literally illogical so it will literally be impossible for you to display reason.

Main man you need to stop it with the Matthyse has a granite chin argument, especially when you just given credit to Alexander shaking it up. Also why are you saying Garcia have a shakey chin? I swear to GOD if you say because Judah hit him in the 10th and hurt him, I swear someone needs to smack the **** out of you. Matthyse got his knees buckled in the second round.. He definitely looked like he could had been back up dancer in SWV's video "weak".
            Don't know if he was in love with Devon Alexander but he definitely was so weak in the knees.

Anyway Garcia may be going against the most dangerous puncher he can face but so is Matthyse, don't forget that. Matthyse technique is all about generating power but Garcia's is generating power off of timing. Also Matthyse jab is absolute crap, and he puts his guard down when he throws a punch. He also lunges when he miss punches which can be counter with stiff straight punches. Garcia will only need to be calm and watch Matthyse hands.. learn his rhythm like he did with Morales, Khan, Holt, and Judah. Morales was on steroids and he is faster just like Holt, Judah and everyone that Danny fought so far than Lucas Matthyse. Judah was also moving back with he hit Matthyse with that counter he was scared to plant his feet which would had generated much more power.
            Last edited by Downy_tax; 07-24-2013, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              Hey T whats the bet im curious
              We're doing a sig and avy bet meaning if my guy wins (Lucas) I get to choose Mr. Philadel's sig and avatar for x amount of weeks or months and vise-versa.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Alexander & Judah are defensive southpaws who fight absolutely nothing like Garcia.

Garcia personally reminds me of a small version of David Price only its a left hook he possesses rather than the straight right.

I said Peterson gets stopped very early. I'm saying Garcia lasts 4-5 rounds max and wouldn't be shocked if he gets knocked out inside of 2.

I will not be singing Lucas praises on this one as to me its a mismatch. I'm not going to lie I feel Lucas walks through this kid like hes nothing.
                I think Garcia is a little better technically than some people make out but I see fawk all special about him.
                I'm thinking the same as you. Garcia has decent skill, but not enough to win the fight and he also has plenty of deficiencies. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets literally blasted out.

Comment

• Comment

• 52 days till Garcia's demise. I'm glad Angel has started talking and I hope he keeps it up. When the bell rings and Garcia realizes he's standing across the ring from "The Machine", he may just run out of the ring and forefit, real talk. Would be smart, save himself for that Judah rematch

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      52 days till Garcia's demise. I'm glad Angel has started talking and I hope he keeps it up. When the bell rings and Garcia realizes he's standing across the ring from "The Machine", he may just run out of the ring and forefit, real talk. Would be smart, save himself for that Judah rematch
                      Likely possibilty.

Comment

Working...
                      X