No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    The undercard is probably why the fight sold-out within 24 hrs and broke the live gate record and had a huge 11 city press tour because nobody cares about the Main Event
    Casuals definitely going in for Canelo v Mayweather no doubt, and I think most fans will take more than a passing interest, but for the hardcore boxing fans Garcia v Matthysse is definitely the bout of the evening.

Comment

• Both can punch.

Garcia seems the more polished of the two.

Just going to bet both by KO.

But atm id favor garcia, gonna review my pick in a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Casuals definitely going in for Canelo v Mayweather no doubt, and I think most fans will take more than a passing interest, but for the hardcore boxing fans Garcia v Matthysse is definitely the bout of the evening.
        Damn those gloves are almost as big as Hatton in your avi.

Comment

• The only way Garcia fans can convince themselves this fight is close is by pretending the Judah fight was a legit inarguable win for Judah just to make Garcia's win over Judah look better (although they tend to forget how that fight ended)

The reality is, if Matthysse jumped on Judah like he did everyone since, Judah would have been stopped... And I guarantee he wouldn't have found the time to hurt Matthysse the way he did Garcia

The only reason that fight was close was becuz Matthysse tried to box Judah early and stop him late, and it ended up being a little closer as a result although most people feel Matthysse deserved the win... The Alexander fight was even more of a robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
            The only way Garcia fans can convince themselves this fight is close is by pretending the Judah fight was a legit inarguable win for Judah just to make Garcia's win over Judah look better (although they tend to forget how that fight ended)

The reality is, if Matthysse jumped on Judah like he did everyone since, Judah would have been stopped... And I guarantee he wouldn't have found the time to hurt Matthysse the way he did Garcia

The only reason that fight was close was becuz Matthysse tried to box Judah early and stop him late, and it ended up being a little closer as a result although most people feel Matthysse deserved the win... The Alexander fight was even more of a robbery
            Matthyse fans do not have any legitimate arguments of why Matthyse lost to Judah was a robbery. The fact of the matter is that Judah outboxed Matthyse over ten rounds until he get knocked down which was in the tenth. The reason Matthyse couldn't jump on him because he didn't know how to get pass Judah's long reach and he was getting punched in the mouth.

Garcia showed my heart even when Judah took his jab away to take the fight to him. Matthyse just kept resetting himself and only got his chance once Judah gassed out. Garcia was fighting a great conditioned Zab Judah and hurting him throughout the fight and even in the last three round when Zab was gaining momentum on Garcia's tiring energy, he still was hitting Judah blow for blow with savage shots.

Also Alexander rocked the **** out of Matthyse throughout the fight starting with the second round. He looked more hurt than Garcia ever did in the Judah fight. You need to watch the fights bro because Alexander timed Matthyse with a left hand made his knees buckle and face frown up which made him start throwing wild shots like a rabid beast and he missed all of them. If Devon was more of someone that was confident in his power he probably could had stopped Matthyse.

Also look at all my arguments against your peers in this thread.. They don't have any gameplan for how Matthyse will get the K.O against Garcia, while I provide an explanation of how I feel Garcia will win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downy_tax View Post
              Matthyse fans do not have any legitimate arguments of why Matthyse lost to Judah was a robbery. The fact of the matter is that Judah outboxed Matthyse over ten rounds until he get knocked down which was in the tenth. The reason Matthyse couldn't jump on him because he didn't know how to get pass Judah's long reach and he was getting punched in the mouth.

Garcia showed my heart even when Judah took his jab away to take the fight to him. Matthyse just kept resetting himself and only got his chance once Judah gassed out. Garcia was fighting a great conditioned Zab Judah and hurting him throughout the fight and even in the last three round when Zab was gaining momentum on Garcia's tiring energy, he still was hitting Judah blow for blow with savage shots.

Also Alexander rocked the **** out of Matthyse throughout the fight starting with the second round. He looked more hurt than Garcia ever did in the Judah fight. You need to watch the fights bro because Alexander timed Matthyse with a left hand made his knees buckle and face frown up which made him start throwing wild shots like a rabid beast and he missed all of them. If Devon was more of someone that was confident in his power he probably could had stopped Matthyse.

Also look at all my arguments against your peers in this thread.. They don't have any gameplan for how Matthyse will get the K.O against Garcia, while I provide an explanation of how I feel Garcia will win.
              Let me guess, ur going for Danny Garcia?

Lol, u literally said all that, and yet u said nothing at all...

It doesn't surprise me at all that u saw Judah outboxing Matthysse, and saw Alexander hurt Matthysse in this supposedly huge way, you're not behind him at all in this fight... Just like people that hate Mayweather somehow saw Guerrero win 5 rounds in their fight... I get it

I'll review all 3 fights tonight and try my hardest to see what you see, if you were right, I'll come back here and let u know... If I do not return, I'm convinced you bought yourself some Danny Garcia goggles before watching those fights... (Note: As of right now, you're still possibly a credible commenter, so don't get all pissy yet)
              Last edited by JDezi4; 07-23-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

And if u haven't run into anyone that could give u a convincing explanation as to how Matthysse can get the KO, you've somehow managed to only talk about this fight with the wrong people

Its this simple, he comes forward with his aggressive style, high guard, and great chin while Danny wings big punches... As soon as the flat footed Garcia gets put up against the ropes, he unleashes a barrage of punches to the head and body... He may escape early a couple times early, but his mediocre chin, horrible defense, and wide punches will eventually give in the the power

If Judah can walk him down and hurt him despite being wobbled around the ring early, than Matthysse is definitely going to do it... Without question

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  I already have like 8 people who want to come over for the Floyd fight but I have been hyping up the Garcia-Matthysse fight as a bonus. This will be a good card and I'm charging $10.00 a head for the fight and food (BYOB). If they don't like it, cool, cool............get a stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                    Let me guess, ur going for Danny Garcia?

Lol, u literally said all that, and yet u said nothing at all...

It doesn't surprise me at all that u saw Judah outboxing Matthysse, and saw Alexander hurt Matthysse in this supposedly huge way, you're not behind him at all in this fight... Just like people that hate Mayweather somehow saw Guerrero win 5 rounds in their fight... I get it

I'll review all 3 fights tonight and try my hardest to see what you see, if you were right, I'll come back here and let u know... If I do not return, I'm convinced you bought yourself some Danny Garcia goggles before watching those fights... (Note: As of right now, you're still possibly a credible commenter, so don't get all pissy yet)
                    You wouldn't have to guess who I'm going for if your reading comprehension is above kindergarten level because I blatantly said it, no use of code with my words.

If you believe I said a lot but nothing of note then that is your opinion, but I can understand why everything I said flew over your head, I'll try to slow it down for you in the conversations we may or may not subsequently have on this matter.

It shouldn't surprise you at all because Judah was actually doing just that, Matthyse landed fewer shots on Judah throughout the first ten rounds of the fight. He kept posturing himself because he was confused on how to deal with a boxer that didn't engage, hitting him with shots from out of his range. He lunge and got countered, and Judah was very successful doing this until he started to tired throughout the late rounds especially starting in the 10th. Matthyse still couldn't stop him with his energy gone, legs sloppy and him being hurt through the last three rounds.

I didn't say Alexander hurt Matthyse in a big way but the way you fellows of the Matthyse bandwagon try to illustrate Garcia being hurt by Judah is blasphemous. Garcia legs never buckled like Matthyse have been in his fight against Alexander, I will soon enough edit some clips since you guys claim you watched the fight yet have amnesia of Matthyse chin looking pretty rattled. I doubt you guys even have an objective view when you watch fights because Garcia wasn't ever as rattle as you guys claim and he still hit Judah with big shots while the danger of an reinvigorated Judah was in front of him.

I'm providing examples and actual happening in both fighter's fights yet you are claiming I am like Mayweather bashers that see the boxing clinics he put on other fighters as not impressive? I think if you are a person that appreciate Mayweather's skill, tenacity, mental fortitude, and ring intelligence then you will go for Danny Garcia in this fight and not Matthyse. Garcia always finds a way to win, and it's not because of his power but how he adapts and finds loopholes. He's not impressive looking but every time I look at his fights I see something new.. It's like re-watching a Mayweather fight or my favorite fighter that beast we all call Dinamita.

Also stop lying to yourself and to me.. You are not going to watch and review all three fights, that's why you try to put a crappy opt out by basically saying "if I don't return that means you are bias for Garcia".. What you need to say is "I saw what you seen but I don't have the balls or intelligence to make a sound argument for my compańera Matthyse".

Comment

Those fights were a few years ago and the Judah-Garcia fight was like 3 months ago. Danny is wide open and he was hurt late in the fight against Judah. That right hand is very wide and sometimes, he just wings it out there half-heartedly. Matthysse is a much better fighter than he was in 2010 and he realizes that he must start fast and not let the fight go to the cards. Danny will get caught in an exchange or after he gets done throwing and he will get stretched out. Now, he may get up but he is getting hurt badly, real bad.

It will be a Matthysse left hook (ironically) that lays Garcia out because he will try to land straight rights on Lucas knowing that he is aware of the left hook. He throws it very wide and he will get get caught just like Peterson did and it's all down hill from there. Lucas is already training while Garcia is making rap vids...........that alone shows you where each man's head is at.

Comment

Working...
                      X