No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
    I watched the Soto fight last night. Matthysse was hit - a lot and was hurt too at one point. I'm beginning to change my opinion on this bout.
    Don't worry, Garcia will never be able to maintain that kind of pace, or put together the combinations that Soto did under that amount of pressure.

Garcia beats the people he is expected to beat, Matthysse beats the ones he isn't.

Can't wait

Comment

The part when the commentator mentioned it, he was right. Matthysse was hurt, and he did say in an interview about Soto's punching power. Soto is a lightweight with a 48% KO record.

More alarming was the amount of punches Soto landed, Matthysse isn't going to be able to eat that many punches v Garcia. It appears Garcia has the superior defense.

I don't know who's going to win, just looking at past performances.
      This is true, he did land a lot. But the rounds when Soto was having success, he also employed a lot of movement and was getting off first with his jab pretty often. Garcia does not fight like that, allowing Lucas to get comfortable and set his pace. He will be open for counters, but taking one to give one when you're fighting Lucas Matthysse isn't a smart gameplan.

Comment

The part when the commentator mentioned it, he was right. Matthysse was hurt, and he did say in an interview about Soto's punching power. Soto is a lightweight with a 48% KO record.

More alarming was the amount of punches Soto landed, Matthysse isn't going to be able to eat that many punches v Garcia. It appears Garcia has the superior defense.

I don't know who's going to win, just looking at past performances.
        Garcia doesn't have the boxing skills, movement, handspeed, or combination punching that Soto does. He doesn't fight like Soto and so the likelihood of him being able to land that often is extremely small.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
          Garcia doesn't have the boxing skills, movement, handspeed, or combination punching that Soto does. He doesn't fight like Soto and so the likelihood of him being able to land that often is extremely small.
          No doubt, but I also watched the Khan-Garcia fight. Distance-wise Matthysse appears to operate (or work) right in that area where Garcia throws most.

Again, I'm just looking at styles. I would obviously prefer it if Matthysse won. Garcia Sr. needs some humility.

Comment

No doubt, but I also watched the Khan-Garcia fight. Distance-wise Matthysse appears to operate (or work) right in that area where Garcia throws most.

Again, I'm just looking at styles. I would obviously prefer it if Matthysse won. Garcia Sr. needs some humility.
            We'll see. Garcia would appear to me to be pretty much the kind of dude Matthysse would want to fight.

Comment

• The way to freeze a pressure fighter is by throwing combinations, and that's what Soto and Ajose did. Garcia is probably gonna look to counter at first until he gets caught and is forced to keep Matts off him.

Comment

I watched the Soto fight last night. Matthysse was hit - a lot and was hurt too at one point. I'm beginning to change my opinion on this bout.

Don't worry. Lucas got this one in the bag.

Soto is a combination puncher with fast hands. Danny isn't.

Comment

The style matchup is in Matthysse's favor in a big, big way.

Comment

• Matthysse underestimating Garcia

Comment

• Check out all these Matthysse training photo's

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucas...=photos_stream

Comment

Working...
                      X