No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    If you're going to compare fighter's performances in hopes of coming to a conclusion about who will win a fight between them, the judges' decision is less important than what we all know really happened. Matthysse started too slowly but ultimately beat Zab. Danny on the other hand started great and somehow allowed infamous mid-round-fader Judah to take over and nearly stop him towards the end of the fight. And Zab was able to do this at an even later stage in his career. Danny did destroy Khan, which is a good win, but Matthysse would likely destroy him in the same or quicker fashion. Khan's got bad defense and no chin.

As for Peterson, don't discount that win. Peterson had a strong showing against Holt, and if he used roids just to pack on muscle, he likely held on to the benefits he got from them for the most part. Matthysse wrecked a very good fighter in Lamont Peterson, and it's a more meaningful win to me than any of Garcia's recent fights, especially when it comes to how this fight between them will play out.
    Dude, put him in your ignore list like the rest of us. Its the same idiot with 100 alt accounts, not worth your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
      GorillaProductions latest 'Garcia Vs Matthysse' video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3_SBp2Q6dk

(Sorry..wasn't sure how to embed the link)

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
        If you're going to compare fighter's performances in hopes of coming to a conclusion about who will win a fight between them, the judges' decision is less important than what we all know really happened. Matthysse started too slowly but ultimately beat Zab. Danny on the other hand started great and somehow allowed infamous mid-round-fader Judah to take over and nearly stop him towards the end of the fight. And Zab was able to do this at an even later stage in his career. Danny did destroy Khan, which is a good win, but Matthysse would likely destroy him in the same or quicker fashion. Khan's got bad defense and no chin.

As for Peterson, don't discount that win. Peterson had a strong showing against Holt, and if he used roids just to pack on muscle, he likely held on to the benefits he got from them for the most part. Matthysse wrecked a very good fighter in Lamont Peterson, and it's a more meaningful win to me than any of Garcia's recent fights, especially when it comes to how this fight between them will play out.
        Judah was a lot more motivated for the fight with Danny, trained really hard and was in great shape, and please please, please stop with the ''Judah was about to stop him'' crap because he wasn't. I'll admit Danny was stunned a little maybe hurt but he wasn't going down. Fact is Danny has beaten better fighters than Matthysse period. Holt, Khan, Judah. Better than any of the wins on Matthysse's resume. And LMFAO at Matthysse fans putting me on ignore Jesus Christ, the worst thing is I actually like Matthysse but his Backstreet Boys like groupies ruin everything, acting like Garcia is just some bum he's going to walk through. Listen man this is a 50/50 fight, if either guy gets KTFO I will not be suprised, this is what you groupies need to understand, I'm just letting you know in advance so you don't start getting hysterical if your man gets sparked out cold, Garcia is a very very dangerous fighter, huge light welterweight and very dangerous in the flash exchanges, I'm just worried for a lot of you guys' mental health if he gets sparked.

Comment

• Lol, shows you what the fans really want to see. This thread has over twice as many post as the Canelo vs Floyd thread. Crazy, because that is an amazing fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsafight View Post
            Judah was a lot more motivated for the fight with Danny, trained really hard and was in great shape
            Can u Garcia Groupies please please please stop with this lie... Judah may have physically gotten himself in great shape, but u can tell Angel Garcia got to him. He was way more reckless than usual and that's how he kept getting caught

Not to mention, as u ridiculous "triangle theory fanatics" are (Lamont beat Khan, Khan is Garcia's best win, Matthysse destroyed Lamont), Matthysse vs Judah was 2 years ago. Garcia vs Judah was his last fight... Matthysse lost a controversial decision to Judah while fighting at Judah's pace. Garcia fought a "motivated" Judah that was fighting at Danny's pace, and he still got hurt late...

Remember, 2 years ago, vs a few months ago...

That's why Matthysse has been putting off the press conferences, he's avoiding letting Angel get in his head... Its genius

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Rubber View Post
              I think by round 3 the fight will become a Matthysse/Soto type of "scrap", with Garcia being KO'd in the later rounds. Garcia is a good boxer when he can control the pace, but Matthysse makes you fight almost non-stop and he won't walk into a neck shot.

Good fight, but Matthysse has got this.
              Oh he's gonna get hit by massive left hooks, you better believe that.

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
              1.20 a Danny Garcia fanboy pretending to be a box analyst:
              Garcia has more reach (no he doesnt, actually Lucas has a very slight reach advantabe about 1" or so)
              Garcia is taller (Peterson was even taller)
              Garcia is faster (no, he's not)
              Garcia is "right there in the power department" (jajaj!!! No!)
              What a fanboy.
              Sorry, not wasting any more time with theboxing voice. Bunch of hater pretending to be reporters. The Matthysse hate is strong with them, you should have heard them before the Peterson fight. Then the guy just comes out and says I eat crow, and hoes back to his same old BS.
              I agree with most of your post, thaboxingvoice is a bunch of ignorant boxing fans pretending to be real journalists, but I think Garcia's power is comparable to Matthysse's. Even if you think Matthysse hits harder, you gotta admit it's probably not by much.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsafight View Post
                Zab beat Matthysse Danny dominated Zab, Danny destroyed Khan as well strong examples right there. Matthysse beat some cab drivers and a roid free overrated Peterson, and lost to the only other B level fighters he faced.
                "horses for courses" a lot of people around here said Petersen would spank Matthysse....nope!. When that didn't happen people then said that Petersen was "roidless" or "lacked confidence"....nope!

The better man won.

Fighters have good nights and bad nights, so triangle theories etc dont really work. Based on recent momentum, Danny will have a bad night on the 14th.

Comment

• I watched the Soto fight last night. Matthysse was hit - a lot and was hurt too at one point. I'm beginning to change my opinion on this bout.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    I watched the Soto fight last night. Matthysse was hit - a lot and was hurt too at one point. I'm beginning to change my opinion on this bout.
                    When was he hurt? That time in the 2nd? Didn't look that hurt. Soto exchanged with him and he couldn't handle the return fire, exactly what will happen to Garcia.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      When was he hurt? That time in the 2nd? Didn't look that hurt. Soto exchanged with him and he couldn't handle the return fire, exactly what will happen to Garcia.
                      The part when the commentator mentioned it, he was right. Matthysse was hurt, and he did say in an interview about Soto's punching power. Soto is a lightweight with a 48% KO record.

More alarming was the amount of punches Soto landed, Matthysse isn't going to be able to eat that many punches v Garcia. It appears Garcia has the superior defense.

I don't know who's going to win, just looking at past performances.

Comment

Working...
                      X