No announcement yet.

The Danny Garcia vs. Lucas Matthysse Prediction Thread. **ITS ON!**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    The Zab Judah who tried to get a DQ on Khan for a legal body punch? FOH he always sells it like he's so hurt.
    really....

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
      really....

The first one was very low and was a low blow. Look where Zab's forearm is though, pushing down on Cotto's head. The second one he sold like he was so hurt, but he could talk fine and walked around pretty quickly. Then he tried to sell a clean body shot as a low blow a little later in the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        The first one was very low and was a low blow. Look where Zab's forearm is though, pushing down on Cotto's head. The second one he sold like he was so hurt, but he could talk fine and walked around pretty quickly. Then he tried to sell a clean body shot as a low blow a little later in the fight.
        That's not what I remember lol. I remember Zab destroying Cotto until he started low blowing the **** out of him and the fight started turning around.

I'll watch it again later cuz it's been a while, but Cotto low blowing people is not new.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
          That's not what I remember lol. I remember Zab destroying Cotto until he started low blowing the **** out of him and the fight magically turned around.

I'll watch it again later. Cotto low blowing people is not new.
          What other fight did he do it in?

That is not how that fight, re-watching might be a good idea. Zab had early success, but Cotto's pressure and left hook broke him down.

Comment

• In all fairness to Cotto, I don't think the lowblows were intentional. He did not use it against Margarito and he was getting a serious beating after round 6-7. There were other fights too in which he could have use an intentional lowblow... Ricardo Torres fight comes to mind.

That upper cut from Zab stung, but was not the kind of shot that woould have Cotto in any real trouble. Granted it got Cotto's attention but nothing more. Cotto too strong for Zab who was never a solid 147 fighter. Cotto wears Zab down with brute physical strength.

Comment

• Matthyse will be sparring Tim Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGD View Post
                Matthyse will be sparring Tim Bradley.
                I'd give my left nut to see that sparring

That's great sparring for Bradley in prep for Marquez

Not so great for Matthysse though, Bradley shares little to no similarity to Garcia.

Comment

• A quick radio interview with lucas....

http://www.espn1079.fm/blogs/abriend...or.php?id=7055

Lucas heading to CA...

Last edited by sefirah; 08-24-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• I hope Tim doesn't discourage Matthysse too much during sparring.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I hope Tim doesn't discourage Matthysse too much during sparring.

lets just hope Bradley recovered 100% from the Provodnikov fight, cuz if he hasn't Matthysse's gonna give him concussion flashbacks

Comment

Working...
                      X