Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Angel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FerFAL

Yes, pretty much. Danny was supposed to be the one looking forward to these. Maybe he didnt want to do them that bad, just bÃ*tch about it.

Lucas isn't fulfilling his obligations by not going on this press tour in the USA when his camp is in Argentina, but I'm not flying to LA from Philly, that's just too much. He sounds like a huge hypocrite.
    Maybe he found out Garcia wasn't going to LA when he got to the US?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by sefirah
      Quote:

Wednesday, August 21, 2013
      Garcia-Matthysse tour canceled
      By Dan Rafael

Logistics and bickering between junior welterweight titlist Danny Garcia and interim titleholder Lucas Matthysse mean there will not be a media tour for their much-anticipated fight after all.

They meet in a significant showdown Sept. 14 (Showtime PPV) in the co-feature of the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Canelo Alvarez card at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and initially, because it is such a significant fight, Golden Boy Promotions was planning a three-city media tour. (Mayweather and Alvarez did a monster 10-city tour that drew tens of thousands of fans across the country and in Mexico.)

A three-city Garcia-Matthysse tour to New York, Puerto Rico (where Garcia's family is from) and Los Angeles had been planned for early August, but fell through because Matthysse was in the middle of his training camp in Argentina and did not want to break camp for the long trip.

Instead, the alternative plan was that Matthysse would come to the United States three weeks ahead of the fight and do three cities in two days -- New York and Garcia's hometown of Philadelphia on Thursday and Los Angeles on Friday, in conjunction with the weigh-in for Saturday night's Abner Mares-Jhonny Gonzalez card. That would allow Garcia and Matthysse to also make appearances on Showtime's telecast on Saturday night, and then Matthysse would stay on the West Coast to finish his camp.

Now the tour is off entirely.

"Matthysse was OK with going to New York and Los Angeles, but he didn't want to go to Philadelphia," Golden Boy chief executive Richard Schaefer told ESPN.com. "So I said, 'OK,' but Garcia said, 'If [Matthysse] is not going to go to Philadelphia, I don't want to go to Los Angeles and disrupt my camp with a trip cross country.' So, at the end of the day, I said forget this. I'm very busy, so if these guys don't want to do it, forget it. Maybe we'll do something with Matthysse in L.A.

"I sort of can understand why Danny doesn't want to break camp and fly across the country to do appearances and a press conference and then fly back at this time in his camp. It's a crucial time. I could probably make them do it because it says in the contract they have to do the [public relations] stuff, but I am not going to press it. My sense is that Matthysse will still come [to the United States] early though. So there's no tour, but it’ll be a great fight."

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...-tour-canceled

The latest news on the press tour...
      This dude is a b1tch. He wants Lucas to come from Argentina but he can't fly across states?

So did Lucas end up leaving Argentina or not? Anyone?

Comment

• Swift is not phckin around....

Comment

• Originally posted by FerFal'sStepDad View Post
          Swift is not phckin around....

What a beast

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            What a beast
            Sorry, I will try and find a picture of Cotto following Diaz around the ring while Diaz does Tai Chi with the pads. Now THAT is "beast."

Beast!

Last edited by FerFal'sStepDad; 08-21-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I will try and find a picture of Cotto following Diaz around the ring while Diaz does Tai Chi with the pads. Now THAT is "beast."
              How dare you compare ****** Garcia to King Cotto Classless.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                This dude is a b1tch. He wants Lucas to come from Argentina but he can't fly across states?

So did Lucas end up leaving Argentina or not? Anyone?

Lucas is to depart from Argentina Friday the 23rd and be present for the Mares - Gonzalez fight the following day.

Oddly enough Danny might also be present...

Comment

How dare you compare ****** Garcia to King Cotto Classless.
                  I like Cotto but his days are done. And besides, Danny has never thought of taking tweezers to his eyebrows like Cotto.

Pink Crocs and thin eyebrows are Not OK. Rethink your definition of "******" son.

Last edited by FerFal'sStepDad; 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I like Cotto but his days are done. And besides, Danny has never thought of taking tweezers to his eyebrows like Cotto. Not OK.
                    Cotto > Garcia. All the time.

Comment

Cotto > Garcia. All the time.

I agree with you but Garcia kept his eyebrows intact. Props to Garcia. That ****-brow trend never caught on in Philly.

Comment

Working...
                      X