Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Khan: You Don't Run ****, No Dubai!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
    You are living in cloud cuckoo land Marquez/Bradley ducking Khan go away - these guys climbed in the ring with the Pacman but they duck Khan, if thats what you want to think please don't let me stop you. Like I have said before and I will say again if there is dillusional boxing fans it is the Khan's fans.
    It's about risk/reward. Don't be so short sighted. They both rejected offers to fight Khan because taking an L against Khan would put them down to the bottom of the heap and away from the Pacquiao payday. Stepping in the ring with Pacquiao is something almost any fighter would do, its not some huge act of bravery.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Khan is the greatest Muslim fighter to date.
      ... And Schaefer doesn't want to loose the Orient race to Top Rank.
      They should fight in Sharm el-Sheikh.
      Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
      Currently the greatest Muslim fighter is probably Hopkins tbh.
      Even Marco Huck is a better muslim fighter than Khan at the moment.

Comment

You are living in cloud cuckoo land Marquez/Bradley ducking Khan go away - these guys climbed in the ring with the Pacman but they duck Khan, if thats what you want to think please don't let me stop you. Like I have said before and I will say again if there is dillusional boxing fans it is the Khan's fans.
        new to boxing? it's a well known fact that they avoided Khan. Bradley openly admitted in an interview that it was too risky to fight khan because if he lost it could effect paydays against pac or floyd.. That's all on record, and it was discussed to death years ago. it wasn't even a tactful duck, hidden in any way - it was an open public duck straight from bradley's mouth. Sounds like you had no idea about that - it was pretty big news at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          It's about risk/reward. Don't be so short sighted. They both rejected offers to fight Khan because taking an L against Khan would put them down to the bottom of the heap and away from the Pacquiao payday. Stepping in the ring with Pacquiao is something almost any fighter would do, its not some huge act of bravery.
          I'm not saying its an act of bravery when you take up the fight game every fight is risk, what I have said and you are trying to twist things I don't think anyone is scared or trying to duck Khan because if they were scared fighters they would'nt of gone near the pacman. Fights don't happen for various reason as far as we know was there a concrete offer made was any fighter injured at the time or was Khan's camp been unreasonable. If you think Marques ducked Khan you are a muppet. If we want talk about fighters ducking Khan has avoided Prescott on many occassions and this is well documented Maidana has asked for a re-match on many occassions. Like I say again Khan fans are dillusional.

Comment

I'm not saying its an act of bravery when you take up the fight game every fight is risk, what I have said and you are trying to twist things I don't think anyone is scared or trying to duck Khan because if they were scared fighters they would'nt of gone near the pacman. Fights don't happen for various reason as far as we know was there a concrete offer made was any fighter injured at the time or was Khan's camp been unreasonable. If you think Marques ducked Khan you are a muppet. If we want talk about fighters ducking Khan has avoided Prescott on many occassions and this is well documented Maidana has asked for a re-match on many occassions. Like I say again Khan fans are dillusional.
            It's not necessarily about being scared of fearful of Khan the man but it's about fearing a loss which could set your career back. Khan is an awkward style for Marquez, his size and speed would be hard to overcome. If Marquez took a loss against Khan then he would have never got the 3rd and 4th Pacquaio fights. That's why he ducked Khan and took fights against guys like Micahel Katsidis - smaller brawling guys who'd make him look good.

Comment

• Tim didnt fight Khan because he was afraid he'd lose to him n be out of the Pacquiao sweep stakes. He said it himself. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Alexander was lucky that Randall Bailey gave him a shot.
                Alexander wasn't trying to get the fight at a specific place and wasn't trying to call the shots because he actually knew his role of a challenger. Plus he wasn't coming off of back to back loses like Kahn is.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  Alexander wasn't trying to get the fight at a specific place and wasn't trying to call the shots because he actually knew his role of a challenger. Plus he wasn't coming off of back to back loses like Kahn is.
                  As far as I know, it's Golden Boy who are pushing for the fight to be in Dubai, not Khan. I don't think Khan particularly cares as long as it's not St.Louis. Khan is coming off back-to-back wins.

And @ the idea that Bailey was calling the shots against Alexander. He was the champion on paper but he was a showcase fight for Alexander.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    What are you talking about? How is Dubai not neutral? When has there ever been a hometown decision in favour Khan? The fight happens in the UK, "aww no it's not neutral" fight happens in the US "but it's a neutral venue though" STFU ******s.

Dubai would bring more money for the fight than Alexander is accustomed too. What's the thinking? All Arabs/Muslims are going to score the fight Khan? All the judges are going to be caramel skinned? If Alexander doesn't want his biggest pay day he can go on fighting British domestic bums and still not stop them.

Land of the brave my arse!
                    I didn't say Dubai wasn't neutral, I said it's not realistic. We hear about Dubai all the time, nothing ever actually goes there though. I assume that's for a reason.

Sticking Khan-Alexander anywhere except St. Louis would be neutral. Even in the U.S., no one outside St. Louis knows who Devon Alexander is, he wouldn't receive any hometown advantage anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I didn't say Dubai wasn't neutral, I said it's not realistic. We hear about Dubai all the time, nothing ever actually goes there though. I assume that's for a reason.

Sticking Khan-Alexander anywhere except St. Louis would be neutral. Even in the U.S., no one outside St. Louis knows who Devon Alexander is, he wouldn't receive any hometown advantage anywhere else.
                      Stick the fight in the UK, outside of Bolton, why is the whole of the UK Khan's backyard? The judges are always international anyway, the only reason St Louis would be a piss take is because Alexander has some of the worst hometown decisions in that place.

When has Khan ever received a hometown decision?

Comment

Working...
                      X