Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Khan: You Don't Run ****, No Dubai!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Alexander To Khan: You Don't Run ****, No Dubai!

Earlier this week an article ran on BoxingScene.com in which Amir Khan's father and manager Shah said that he was 90% certain his December showdown against IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander will take place in the Middle East with Dubai the leading candidate to host the event.

"We discussed Dubai and put it on the table as my preferred option to Devon. He wasn't sure at first and suggested we fight in Vegas. But negotiations are going on right now. My dad and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy are talking to the right people in Dubai," said Amir Khan to The Sun.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dubai makes absolutely no sense unless GBP is attempting to set up a Mayweather-Khan fight over there, which I suspect they are trying to do. Which means Devon would have to KO Khan to get a draw. Devon has a bargaining chip in his paper trinket to get a big fight and doesn't have to bow down to this. Devon needs to stand his ground on this one. His belt will likely keep him in line for a Mayweather or Broner "unification" in the next 12 months or so. He doesn't need to fool with this unless Khan wants to do it over here.

Comment

As long as it isn't in St. Louis

Comment

Team Alexander AKA Kevin Cunningham.

Anyways I agree with him. I think it would be a big statement win if he pulled off a win in Dubai over Khan but by no means does he have to travel over there.

Comment

I knew this was exactly what "Team Alexander" (aka Kevin Cunningham) was going to say. This fight might not even happen at all if Khan wants to play hard ball.

Comment

We always hear about Dubai. I assume it hasn't happened for a reason. Who would want to watch Khan-Alexander in Dubai anyway?

Stick it in a neutral location somewhere and make the fight.

Comment

What's the point of Dubai anyway?
              What, all the Saudi princes going to go and buy seats for a million dollars?

Comment

alexander is so pathetic. he knows he's not capable of doing the easy thing and just ko khan. he thinks the st loui..err Dubai connection will cost him on the cards

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                  What's the point of Dubai anyway?
                  What, all the Saudi princes going to go and buy seats for a million dollars?
                  I don't think the Saudi prince's would travel to Dubai (which is in the united arab emirates, different country bdw) to watch boxing. It would be the Sheikh of Dubai and the prince's, maybe the adu dhabi prince's who would be interested.

They have serious money to throw at the event, how much there willing to, we don't know.

Comment

Khan is the greatest Muslim fighter to date.
                    ... And Schaefer doesn't want to loose the Orient race to Top Rank.
                    They should fight in Sharm el-Sheikh.

Comment

Working...
                    X