Maidana-Broner, Thurman-Soto Karass, Santa Cruz-Ceda RbR & Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malignaggi's take on the fight

Comment

• I agree with Paulie here, big time. I'd be surprised if Maidana can put big shots on Broner without first forcing Broner to backpedal. He has to outhustle Broner up close and force him to move his feet and he will probably have to get rough to do that.

Problem is, he's not like PDL or Paulie where he's unorthodox or slick and can keep coming at strange angles, keep changing between levels, or mix Broner up with feints. How he's going to get Broner out of his comfort zone is the big challenge. I can see him eating a lot of spectacular shots on the way in, and on the way back out, if he doesn't have a really good understanding of how to go about this.

Comment

• Pauli's right and to add to that, he get's hit often when he's attempting the shoulder roll especially the body.

Maidana's going to touch him and I cant wait to see how he reacts.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Pauli's right and to add to that, he get's hit often when he's attempting the shoulder roll especially the body.

Maidana's going to touch him and I cant wait to see how he reacts.
          He will react by dropping to the canvas. Broner isn't fast enough on his feet, and even less when he's eaten shots to the body, and Maidana is a better boxer and has a decent jab now, and will not have problems closing the distance.

Comment

• Odds for Maidana is 10/2 (4.33; 333).

I believe Broner will win UD, but there is certainly a value in this bet, don't you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ARENA View Post
              Odds for Maidana is 10/2 (4.33; 333).

I believe Broner will win UD, but there is certainly a value in this bet, don't you think?
              Bet £5 on Paulie to make £25

Most definitely will bet £5 on Maidana with them odds....

Maidana will either do worse than Paulie and get UD'd or Literally Have Broner crying on the ropes...

Comment

• Just checked the odds and in the UK broner is 1/5 odds on to win this fight, i don't see this as a mismatch which is what 1/5 odds on for broner suggests. Maidana is at 10/3 to win and will probably be bigger to atually win by KO. This is the same odds as the Devon vs Porter fight but Maidana IMO has more of a chance of the upset than Porter..

Comment

• We'll find out almost everything we need to know about Broner in this fight. Maidana isn't elite P4P but he's tough. It takes an exceptional or pretty good fighter to outclass or dominate him. The only guy who's done that is Devon Alexander, who's not as bad as he's made out to be.

But Broner was running through guys at 135, mainly #1 Lightweight Antonio DeMarco. But Maidana will be different, every bit as big as Broner, probably much bigger on fight night. Maidana is relentless, and keeps coming.

If Broner can walk through him, or out class him all night, he'll have me more convinced. But since struggling with Paulie, I still have my reservations about Broner being the next guy. Broner has explosive offense, but he needs to punch more. He's not active enough in there, and his defense isn't as good as Floyd. Broner eats a lot of jabs and body shots when he's mimicking Floyd's shoulder roll. I just don't know if Broner has the footwork to beat Maidana handily.
                  Last edited by 4Corners; 12-05-2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• What did Broner weigh on the night against Malignaggi?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      What did Broner weigh on the night against Malignaggi?
                      Pretty sure the ny commission doesn't do ring weights

Comment

Working...
                      X