No announcement yet.

Maidana-Broner, Thurman-Soto Karass, Santa Cruz-Ceda RbR & Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KermitTheKiller View Post
    At first I was pissed when this fight was made. I was like of course broner gets out of 135 to avoid Abril/Vazquez/gamboa has a tough time against Paulie so of course GBP is going to keep broner far far away from any type of mover.

Maidana that was Taylor made for broner is in the past. He's no longer Taylor made for broner there's just a high probability that broner will win. Demarco, Rees, Paulie, were all able to land on broner

People seem to want to compare de leon to maidana. But Ponce is extremely faster than Maidana and a much craftier fighter. Although we all know Maidana can end this fight with 1 punch

Maidana Flaws:
    Slow hand speed/predictable ****ed back winding shots
    Shown weak body in the past (new condition coach so may not be a factor)
    Lack of defense (although it has been improving)

Broner Flaws:
    Has shown to be hittable
    Has shown to be stationary (May not be a factor)
    Punch output could be a factor

Maidana keys to success:
    Set up punches with new powerful Jab
    Strong looping right hook upstairs
    Stay on the outside, Broner is the better inside fighter
    One punch can change the fight something Broner hasn't fought

Broner keys to success:
    Shorter compact punches
    Better inside fighter
    Faster hands
    Very Accurate

To me this fight is a toss up. Broner is very beatable. Not my ideal fight, I'd much rather see broner get his ears boxed off by a technition. But for the mean time this fight is gonna be exciting.

Broner UD/ Maidana Ko
    55% 45%
    I think this is a good analysis.

I'd like to add that Broner's conditioning could be a factor during the later rounds, I don't think he takes care of himself in the same way FMJ does. If Maidana lands some hard shots to the body early and maintains pressure he could get a stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
      I think this is a good analysis.

I'd like to add that Broner's conditioning could be a factor during the later rounds, I don't think he takes care of himself in the same way FMJ does. If Maidana lands some hard shots to the body early and maintains pressure he could get a stoppage.
      true that man. Broners conditioning could be horrible. I'm not one to get into his personal life but hes always popping champagne and such. Before I just thought he was trying to impress people but after seeing those press conference photos where he looked fat and hung over, conditioning could very well be a problem!

Comment

• Smart money would be on Broner..I very interested in this fight right here tbh,it's gonna say a lot about where Broner and Maidana stand within the div..

Comment

• Maidana via late stoppage. I really hope robert garcia do wwhat he has to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by kencross27 View Post
            Maidana via late stoppage. I really hope robert garcia do wwhat he has to do.

Which is??

Comment

• This is a real card right here, hell of a night for me personally.

Comment

• To formulate a good game plan for marcos.

Comment

• I reckon Maidana by UD. Maidana didn't lose by much to Khan and I think Khan is better than Broner going by Broners showing against Malignaggi.

I don't think Broner will be KO'd, but I think he will be on the canvas en route to losing a UD.

Comment

• Broner is getting flatlined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                      This is a real card right here, hell of a night for me personally.
                      Agreed. I can't wait. This is my personal FOTY, as far as pre-fight expectation goes.

WARdana!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X