Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: I Can Beat Golovkin and Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
    A minute and a half that were enough to knock, and badly hurt Martinez. Nobody had hurt him that bad. Matter of fact, Martinez gave Chavez his admiraton.
    Min and a half? the fight was 36 mins long. And for 34.5 of those mins, Chavez was embarrassed. Yea he got knocked down, but that doesnt erase the first 95% of the fight.

Comment

• Chavez does well, at first. He may even bruise up Golovkin a bit, but I will guarantee you, by the eighth round or so it will be over. Chavez gets stopped or Freddy will save Chavez from taking more punishment.

Chavez is a big strong guy, but he seriously lacks defense and Golovkin will have a field day with that.

Comment

• Chavez has a decent chin but he wouldn't stand up to Golovkins power.

Comment

• GGG is far more skilled than JR but JR chin and size make this an interesting fight. Get it done and winner gets a crack at ***y Sergio!

Comment

• Jr./GGG or Jr./Bika would be two SMW fights I would definitely watch. About time Jr. admitted he can't make MW anymore. He'd probably beat Bika and get a title that he could then lose to Ward, but I doubt he gets past GGG.

Comment

• I think many posters here are underestimating the intensity of Golovkin's power. One should note that a great chin is not enough to withstand his power and accuracy.... in BOTH hands i might add!!! Think Mike Tyson.
              As another poster mentioned...his only real competition would be Ward.
              Chavez Jr.? I can't take anything he does seriously. He is a marketing ploy and a bad joke. It's sad considering the legacy of JCC Sr.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                he might have been able to stand there for 12 rounds trying to homer simpson martinez but you can't do that against somebody with GGG's power. Would be a great fight while it lasted though. I'd love to see it.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Abel Sanchez told during an interview that GGG sparred with Chavez (5 rounds) and with Quillin (3 rounds) in the same session. Abel Sanchez was evasive on Chavez though...
                He was being respectful, several sources have said Chavez got beat up, wouldn't be the first time either, he also got beat up by Martirosyan in sparring.

Comment

• bigger money and a little statis for golovkin against chavez jr..
                  and it would be an easier fight for him. Go GGG!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Rosado ran for the hills. GGG had to stalk him. Playing into GG's hands would have been coming forward towards him.
                    True. Rosado didn't play to his hands, but his was there to be hit since he was trying to bait GGG so he could get off his own big shot. Didn't work b/c the fight got stopped due to cuts. That was probably the worst showing for GGG. Rosado is a club/bar fighter with like 6 lossess. Friggin TMT welfare receiptant J'Leon Love actually looked good against Rosado for 4 or 5 rounds.

GGG has been getting the Broner treatment from HBO. Go back and look at his record who has he fought? Macklin was his biggest fight which doesn't say much. Oouma is in the twilight of his career. Don't even bring up Prosaka who fought a bunch of cab drivers before GGG and Sergio Mora who both beat him. Do I think he beats Martinez? Yes, but only b/c Martinez is on the slide downward.

GGG loses to Chavez Jr, Bika, Ward, and Keith Thurman. Froch and Quillen have a decent shot of beating him too. I don't see HBO matching him against any of these fighters except Ward. That only works b/c Ward is desperate for any fight and a loss against wouldn't hurt GGG's stock as a fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeus Molecules View Post
                      True. Rosado didn't play to his hands, but his was there to be hit since he was trying to bait GGG so he could get off his own big shot. Didn't work b/c the fight got stopped due to cuts. That was probably the worst showing for GGG. Rosado is a club/bar fighter with like 6 lossess. Friggin TMT welfare receiptant J'Leon Love actually looked good against Rosado for 4 or 5 rounds.

GGG has been getting the Broner treatment from HBO. Go back and look at his record who has he fought? Macklin was his biggest fight which doesn't say much. Oouma is in the twilight of his career. Don't even bring up Prosaka who fought a bunch of cab drivers before GGG and Sergio Mora who both beat him. Do I think he beats Martinez? Yes, but only b/c Martinez is on the slide downward.

GGG loses to Chavez Jr, Bika, Ward, and Keith Thurman. Froch and Quillen have a decent shot of beating him too. I don't see HBO matching him against any of these fighters except Ward. That only works b/c Ward is desperate for any fight and a loss against wouldn't hurt GGG's stock as a fighter.
                      Lol i should red k u for this post, you, even threw in 147 pound keith Thurman the hell u smoking

Comment

Working...
                      X