Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it legal what PBF does with his elbows and forearm?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the majority say its illegal but has some grey area and is why Money gets away with it. Is there any way to naturalize it or must canelo fight fire with fire?

Comment

lets be real. Floyd does that but people act like its a non stop thing. He does it like 3 times each fight and 9 times out of 10, he's not throwing a punch after it. Its just in a clinch. Thats why he doesnt get a point taken. If he did it a million times then I could see it but he doesnt.

Its funny how you guys want points taken from Floyd when guys in that video like Cotto are known for intenitally throwing low blows to guys balls. Hatton is known for wrestling and doing other things but no one cares about that. Margarito gets caught with plaster and Maniac, others defend that but this drives them crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by Silky_Smooth View Post
        Boxing isn't for sissies. If a man uses his elbows and forearms on you, use your elbows and forearms on him. Problem is, Canelo will be too much of a pu$$y to do that to Floyd and Floyd will manhandle him like a little boy.
        That's why Floyd was crying when Ortiz made Floyd head a soccer ball. You do it to other but when it's your turn you complain like a B.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          That's why Floyd was crying when Ortiz made Floyd head a soccer ball. You do it to other but when it's your turn you complain like a B.
          actually floyd responded within the rules and knocked victor out.

Comment

The best counter move against Floyd illegal elbow I've seen to date is Ortiz coming in with his head. Everytime Ortiz got Floyd to the rope he would push Floyd face in with his forehead and it worked beautifully. Canelo need to learn this sh it from Ortiz.

Comment

These threads are getting ridiculous. The same typical people *****en, same people defending. As if any other fighter doesnt do anything illegal in the ring. Mofo will crucify Floyd for using elbows while there favorite fighter will throw low blows all fight, rabbit punch, hit on breaks, hold fighters behind the head and punch and one who loads his gloves up before a fight and actually get praised for it GTFOH its boxing stop crying if your gonna be a hypocrite.

Comment

it’s been known that floyd’s best weapon is his elbow. he connects more with his elbows than anything else in his arsenal.

sweet science my ass.

Comment

Did we watch different fights?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    One of those grey area's where it isn't legal but it's not outright illegal I.e low blows or headbutts.

Similar to holding in that sense.

Bending the rules and not "breaking" them, per se, is something that's been around forever and always will be. It's more of an "old school" tactic.

If you can get away with it then by all means continue. But if you're getting warned for it then continueing would be foolish on that fighters part.
                    This post hit it right on the dot.

In experience, when I would spar and someone would usually try to muscle me on the inside around due to my size, I'd use my elbow/forearm (a la Mayweather) to help sneak in right uppercuts to the body on the inside or help create room if things got rough to break out without getting scratched.

Comment

Ortiz was more apologetic then Floyd was angry

Comment

Working...
                      X