No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin is Official, Contracts Signed For 10/5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
    No, Povetkin edged that fight by taking most of the early and middle rounds.

David Haye lost to Nicolay Valuev IMO. And Haye also lost to age 40 light heavyweight Carl Thompson by TKO.

Povetkin will be a better win on Wlad's resume than Haye.
    I thought Povetkin beat Huck as well.

Haye beat Valuev though, I gave Valuev 4-5 rounds in that fight, he was just too slow. Haye didn't throw an punches, but he was more accurate.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Finally. This is pretty much the last guy Wlad needs to put an entire generation of heavyweights on his record. Bout time Povetkin manned up.
    I agree, he can ride off to the sunset with this win. Although I would love to see him go up against Fury, if Fury beats Haye. Just to finally put an end to the farce that is British HW boxing, for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Povetkin has serious skills but Wlad will just keep him on the outside and finish him off with a right hand. Haters will call it boring and keep on hating, I call it mastering the sport of Hit-And-Don´t-Get-Hit. I still hope Povetkin can make Wlad really fight for his belts though.
      Well said bro.this is a good match up for the division.

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      I thought Povetkin beat Huck as well.

Haye beat Valuev though, I gave Valuev 4-5 rounds in that fight, he was just too slow. Haye didn't throw an punches, but he was more accurate.

I agree, he can ride off to the sunset with this win. Although I would love to see him go up against Fury, if Fury beats Haye. Just to finally put an end to the farce that is British HW boxing, for good.
      Well said

The British heavies all duck the best fights,Fury and Haye are pathetic,and Price is simply useless.

Comment

Cliff Rold had Marco Huck winning 7 rounds to 5. Basically Huck already took Povetkin's 0 in my eyes, and in the eyes of many others.

But like I said there's nothing wrong with being the second man to beat Povetkin. And if Wlad can do it spectacularly that's more to his credit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          povetkin sucks, but at least he has the stones to fight wladimir now. this is a good thing.

Povetkin realizes the heavyweight division is dying and that he needs to cash out now before its completely dried up and no one cares. For the first time, even though I expect it to be boring, it will be nice to see Wlad get rid of this phony titlist.

Comment

Mismatch, can't believe there's so many mugs out there that will generate this money. Povetkin will take the beating, then go to the bank and retire. Mark my words.

Comment

I hope it's an exciting fight. Don't care who wins. Wlad is too big to fight so defensively minded. If he was more of a killer id be a fan.

Comment

David Haye lost to Nicolay Valuev IMO. And Haye also lost to age 40 light heavyweight Carl Thompson by TKO.

Povetkin will be a better win on Wlad's resume than Haye.
                I honestly don't remember the Huck fight but I agree that Haye did not beat Valuev. I didn't even think that Holyfield beat Valuev and in my opinion he did much better against him than Haye had done.

Comment

Marco Huck almost beat Povetkin. Why are some people high on this dude? He's very beatable and doesn't have anything to trouble Wlad. Wlad will knock him out inside four rounds.

Comment

Wlad t.k.o's this bum in the 5th.

Comment

Wlad should stop him or Easy UD

Comment

Working...
                      X