No announcement yet.

Lampley dissed Rigo on "The Fight Game" last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    Rigondeaux IS boring as hell. 99 percent of fans say so. The other one percent don't mean nothing. They're mostly streamers anyway. No way the sport will flourish with this one percent crowd.
    ^
    Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I didn't find Rigondeaux-Donaire the least bit boring.
    Guess we are just the 1% this genius up here is talking about, with his credible sources and sound logic and all.

Comment

Jim is in the business of growing HBO's boxing fan base, and of hyping the sport. The self proclaimed "purists" (or boxings hipsters) that act like Rigo could draw a fly to **** are lying to themselves. Fact is he will not and could never be an attraction regardless of HBO and Uncle Bob hyping him or not, and he's old already, with limited names to fight. He will end up a great technical fighter on ESPN cards, and will fade away. You can be amazed all you want that he beat Nonito (who also dropped him by the way) but it doesn't make him an all time great, it doesn't make him exciting, and it will never make him a draw.

Comment

I was on the edge of my seat for Rigo/Nonito

Comment

that cabron Lampley don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

who cares what Lampley says now days

Rigon is entertaining, great boxing skills

he was taking shots at Showtime also about how they promoted the Broner vs Malignaggi lol

Comment

Lamps is just expressing the BoxingScene line of thinking, unless you knock guys out and have a mystique you suck as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                I think that's bush league. He wasn't boring at all to many of us, me included. Fought a great fight.
                When will you people understand that you do not represent the casual fan? you're not interested in boxing CASUALLY. People who don't follow the sport, who know NOTHING about Rigo will not deem him "exciting". Let me break it down for you in a manner you can understand. In a manner how all clueless diehards can understand.

Diehard Boxing Fan: "Wow, look at how he pull counters. Look at his footwork, it's exquisite. Look how he paces himself. He's totally unpredictable. The other guy is too hesitant to throw now because of the counters he might receive. Amazing stuff.

Casual Boxing Fan: "Why isn't he throwing punches? He's only thrown like 3 in the past 10 seconds. He's moving way too much. It's like he's scared of getting hit. Why is he a boxer if he's scared of getting hit? This ****ing boring. **** this ****, let's watch ****."

You, me, everyone on this site represent a minority in the business of Boxing as entertainment. This is what a lot of diehards fail to understand. Where we will appreciate the methodical strategies of fighters like Andre Ward, Mayweather, Lara because of our in depth boxing knowledge, the people who keep the sport in the mainstream, the casual boxings DON'T.

Comment

anyone who has Marquez outside the top 3 is a ******...

Comment

is rigo ever gonna fight again?You know its bad for you,When ur the
                    top dude and nobody cares for u.

Comment

Pro tip. Donaire and Pacquiao are HBO investments

discrediting the people that beat them is a must.

just like they destroyed Marquez in their biased ass show after the knock out. They didn't even have him in their top 5 P4P's but they still have Donaire.

HBO and Their lame ass show are a joke

Comment

Working...
                      X