No announcement yet.

Was Mayweather forced to fight Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    The 147 is weak on the GB side, they won't fight TR guys, so Canelo is the only sensible money fight for Floyd, so by default he has to fight Canelo.
    If Khan would had been available he would had been an option for Sept

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      If Khan would had been available he would had been an option for Sept
      Problem with Khan is that, he's not beating other fighters, he's surviving fights. Would the fight sell, yes it would, but let's be honest, who would give Floyd credit for beating Khan, very few.

Comment

I think he'd have fought Canelo at some point but there was most probably some subtle pressure for him to take the fight now considering the Guerrero bout didn't live up to expectations.

Also from a boxing standpoint, it was an important choice for Floyd. Take the fight now while Canelo is still pretty inexperienced at the elite level or let him improve whilst he himself got older?

Comment

Floyd took the fight because he's an opportunist. He saw the opportunity to capitalize on an over rated, over hyped youngster. The risk/reward was there for him so he took it.

Comment

^^^^
            I Agree with this.

Last edited by woopwoop; 07-01-2013, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
              Floyd took the fight because he's an opportunist. He saw the opportunity to capitalize on an over rated, over hyped youngster. The risk/reward was there for him so he took it.
              agree.

I would have voted no if there wasnt a catch weight.

This is on par with what floyd does. He either fights fighters before they are prime or past prime. He still hasnt fought a legit hall of famer in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post
                floyd signed his undefeated streak away when he signed that contract...no more running and ducking....poor floyd, theyre feeding him to the wolves
                lol...................

Comment

Yes, but Floyd made sure that Canelo came in at a zombie catch weight. TBE doe.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    lol...................

Lol I thought Canelo would give him a good fight but he was disappointing. Floyd was a king that night. Even the other night.

But to be fair Larry I think cloud was made to fight Canelo for monetary reasons. Showtime following the Guerrero flop needed to make some C.R.E.A.M

Not saying floyd wouldn't have voluntarily picked Canelo. But saying that cloud is all about the $$$ so he would have picked him.

So I kind of contradicted myself XD

Comment

Floyd should be forced into more fights. He beats them easily each time

Comment

Working...
                      X