No announcement yet.

HBO Is Sinking... Good Thing They've Found Gold In GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
    Those are good fights, and I can't wait for them... but after that, they're toast. Would love to see all 4 of those guys move over to Showtime and Golden Boy to get it on with the rest of the 140-147lbs crew.

And GGG vs Canelo (if Canelo beats Floyd) would be the fight to make.
    if and its a might big if Canelo beats Floyd and after GGG has smashed up martinez (if that fight gets made) Canelo being a sacrificial lamb to GGG would be huge alright. Though I'd be VERY surprised if Oscar allowed that any time soon, there's plenty of guys from welter & super welter who can be lined up lose to Canelo and keep a steady stream ofmoney flowing in without popping the mystic he would get from a floyd win by having GGG smash him in the next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      HBO has some good fights but too bad they are all the way in the fall (bradley/marquez, rios/pac)
      Who's on the undercards?

Comment

lol no it is not, look at the shows showtime put on? the vast majority are one sided beatdown for gods sake....

hbo have the 175s, 168s and the 160s

on top of that they have 2 very exciting ww showdowns coming up, there is a reason, hbo dropped gb on their ass dude, those guys were milking them with poor shows

remember a little while ago everyone was on hbos nuts when rios fought alv and bradley fought pov

hbo also just had froch vs kessler which was incredible, rigo vs donaire as well remember

hbo is still the a game by far, the problem is the ring keeps making guy seem better, who the heck do showtime hav at 147? only guy is floyd,n the rest alexander, khan, maidana, broner, berto and ortiz are b/c level hype jobs

as I said before, you have already seen it, richard, the slimeball from gb has begged hbo to put his fighters back on their network starting with hopkins and I am sure he has done more but they have told them to straight up p off...

don't worry dude, consider fight periods to be 4 out of the year, out of those 4 periods, hbo will deliver on 3, they will start getting more again soon when gb fighters jump ship and they will do so soon

Comment

I agree, HBO is putting on awful fights right now. If they refuse to air Golden Boy fights, I'm worried about boxing's future on the network because this **** can't continue.

Comment

most of the fight of the year candidates have been HBO fights...(i.e. bradley vs provodnikov, rios vs alvarado 2, froch vs kessler 2, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
              I agree, HBO is putting on awful fights right now. If they refuse to air Golden Boy fights, I'm worried about boxing's future on the network because this **** can't continue.
              Isn't it ******ed how they "refuse" to air GBP cards when in fact they're cards are usually stacked, great, and action packed? Top Rank always puts up snoozers with weak undercards. I wonder who made that ******ed ass move at HBO...he should be fired on the spot!

Comment

Not really sure why people keep saying showtime-Gbp is killing HBO. They're going to run out of fighters to recycle eventually. GGG-Macklin was a great main event and people complain about the undercard? Showtime just hyped up broner as the next "great star" for fighting Paulie malgnianggi......... That's a terrible fight and the product of carefully choosing opponents for their "stars"

Lee Purdy, Gavin Rees, these are the guys showtime brings in to make their fighters look good...... So the oousthuzien fight was a stinker, but guess what? It shows that HBO is not just throwing their fighters In with some bums to make then look good, they're putting them in with fighters who have pulses and can make it competitive and possibly beat their fighter...... Showtime/GBP hasn't been doing that. How could you complain about that?

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  lol no it is not, look at the shows showtime put on? the vast majority are one sided beatdown for gods sake....

hbo have the 175s, 168s and the 160s

on top of that they have 2 very exciting ww showdowns coming up, there is a reason, hbo dropped gb on their ass dude, those guys were milking them with poor shows

remember a little while ago everyone was on hbos nuts when rios fought alv and bradley fought pov

hbo also just had froch vs kessler which was incredible, rigo vs donaire as well remember

hbo is still the a game by far, the problem is the ring keeps making guy seem better, who the heck do showtime hav at 147? only guy is floyd,n the rest alexander, khan, maidana, broner, berto and ortiz are b/c level hype jobs

as I said before, you have already seen it, richard, the slimeball from gb has begged hbo to put his fighters back on their network starting with hopkins and I am sure he has done more but they have told them to straight up p off...

don't worry dude, consider fight periods to be 4 out of the year, out of those 4 periods, hbo will deliver on 3, they will start getting more again soon when gb fighters jump ship and they will do so soon
                  Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  most of the fight of the year candidates have been HBO fights...(i.e. bradley vs provodnikov, rios vs alvarado 2, froch vs kessler 2, etc.)
                  This and this. You guys serious? These promotional company fanboys never cease to amaze me...... It's always the same thing, "showtime is killing HBO" ..... And that's it; people always come in and say the TRUTH. How showtime/gbp cherry pick and match their fighters up with Gavin Rees and lee Purdy to make em look good, and that HBO has has multiple FOTY candidates...... And they just disappear, never reply and a month later say the same thing again.

HBO will be fine. They're the one working with all promoters. Gbp is going to be stuck recycling the same fighters over and over and feeding them down the publics throat. HBO stopped working with GBP for a reason, they're done with the cherry picks.... Dropping gbp opened the door for GGG and Kovalev and I say HBO is now in an even better position.

GGG, Kovalev just those two right there have the goods to absolutely clean out their divisions, 160 and 175. Froch, ward, Marquez, PAC, Bradley, among many many others.... HBO will be fine, don't worry.
                  Last edited by King_; 06-30-2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Come on dawg as far as action HBO has been owning Showtime. Tell me any fights on Showtime that were better than Bradley-provodnikov, rios-Alvarado 2,and froch-Kessler?
                    Not to mention that hbo has some great rising stars like GGG,mikey garcia,Terrence Crawford,Adonis Stevenson,sergey kovalev,and rigondeaux.

Also the future number one pound for pound Andre ward
                    And
                    Pacman
                    Bam Bam
                    Mile High
                    Dinamita
                    Desert Storm
                    And the son of the legend Chavez jr.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
                      Come on dawg as far as action HBO has been owning Showtime. Tell me any fights on Showtime that were better than Bradley-provodnikov, rios-Alvarado 2,and froch-Kessler?
                      Not to mention that hbo has some great rising stars like GGG,mikey garcia,Terrence Crawford,Adonis Stevenson,sergey kovalev,and rigondeaux.

Also the future number one pound for pound Andre ward
                      And
                      Pacman
                      Bam Bam
                      Mile High
                      Dinamita
                      Desert Storm
                      And the son of the legend Chavez jr.
                      Did you really just challenge people to tell you which Showtime fights were better than Froch vs Kessler?

Sorry, but I can't take you seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X