Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Continues To Advise Canelo on Floyd's Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      Maybe because he has 2 pounds more to shred now? Or maybe because they feel lifting weights was the reason for low stamina? If a 154 fighter enters the ring at over 170 pounds he should change some things or consider to move up. If a fighter has to dehydrate so much for the weigh in, it HAS a big impact on your conditioning. So i think its a good idea for him to do less weight training to come in a bit lighter but faster and with more stamina. You cant beat Floyd with a low workrate.
      I agree, Canelo has to do something a bit different or he won't stand a chance of winning.

I still think guys go about Floyd all wrong though, they think about how they can get him but I think the better place to start is how to not let Floyd get his so freely and easily. Guys get so caught up in getting at Floyd they don't think about how easily he is getting them, now Floyd given his talents is not an easy man to shut down or even slow down in that regard but if you make him have to think about what he needs to do score there will likely be more openings to score on him.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          A mix of what malinagii did again broner and castillo vs floyd is the way to beat him
          Those are two conflicting game plans. Malinagii threw a lot more punches, but moved away and circled Broner for most of the fight. Castillo pressured as much as possible and whenever possible. How you combine that?

Not to mention that floyd has the reach advantage and Canelo's stamina can't compare to Floyd's just like Broner's wasn't equal to Paulie's. How the hell is Canelo gonna outbox the faster guy, with longer reach, who also happens to be the best pure boxer in the world from the outside, then turn around and pressure him relentlessly?

Comment

It does not matter what Oscar thinks will beat Floyd. Has has to know by now that Floyd can adjust to any style. Canelo can have 20 different things he can try, but he simply does not have the athleticism to be any danger to Floyd.

The guys who were a danger to Floyd would have to have physical advantages that could have negated Floyd superior reflexes, timing, speed and ring smarts. I still think Paul Williams could just have been just too much for Floyd due to his sheer size for example.

Canelo does not offer anything more than Guerrero offered. Floyd will just adjust and take away his strengths. You will need a massive physicality advantage over Floyd to possibly make him second guess in there. If Canelo had a briliantly timed and fast jab like Cotto, and also could fight hard 3 minutes of every round, he could have then make this very interesting. We all know that he doesn't though.

Comment

What the **** does this guy know about it? Maybe he should get Shane Mosley to help out! Oh wait, they did! I miss Oscar fighting, at least when he was fighting he got punished in the ring for the stupid stuff he says.

Comment

Originally posted by periks19 View Post
                Lol why do we have this people thinking the most stupidest things. Dlh hates floy if dlh really hated floyd he would never promote any of pbf fights. Even after dlh retired from boxing his name brings people when they hear golden biy promotions. Since pbf is the favorite dlh is not gonna come out and say yeah jt sill be an easy fight for pbf he will outbox guererro its a mismatch you think people would buy it???? Dlh is a promoter he only sees the $$$$.

While pbf keeps fighting dlh keeps making money he is like his boss without a title or lets call it the middleman he promotes delivers the fight pbf just fights

I agree I understand it is all business... He usually is the guy rooting against Floyd and Richard is usually neutral lol! But yeah Oscar is just doing his job nothing more nothing less!

Comment

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
                  Floyd won't throw a combination unless u go in a shell. He's defensive minded. Everybody is bangin their heads on the wall wondering what makes him so good, its his incredible endurance. Fatigue makes cowards of us all, when u have stamina u can do whatever the hell u want in that ring. Y do u think Floyd always takes completely over around the 6th and 7th rounds.
                  This makes the fight intriguing. Alvarez has a tendency to become "negative" once he gasses.

Comment

De La Hoya has tried to help every other opponent Floyd has faced, and it didn't do ****, it won't do anything in this fight either.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      Canelo is going to get a beating on sept 14 the hype train will end
                      You mean the hype will end for Garcia when he faces Lucas.

Comment

Working...
                      X