No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Continues To Advise Canelo on Floyd's Flaws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
    Didn't Oscar advise Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz and Guerrerro on how to defeat Mayweather also?
    Damn you beat me to it lol! I was watching 24/7 he was in camp with all of those fighters talking about how they would beat him!

He is a promoter and is doing an excellent job of selling the fights, because obviously the more people tune in the more he gets paid. So he is doing his job, but it does come off as he is hating on Floyd a little bit before each fight.

Comment

Floyd won't throw a combination unless u go in a shell. He's defensive minded. Everybody is bangin their heads on the wall wondering what makes him so good, its his incredible endurance. Fatigue makes cowards of us all, when u have stamina u can do whatever the hell u want in that ring. Y do u think Floyd always takes completely over around the 6th and 7th rounds.

Comment

Oscar had the right gameplan, he was just too old to pull it off effectively.
        The problem is even though Floyd isn't that active anymore he is the most accurate puncher ever and doesn't take big shots so he wins a lot of rounds.
        Canelo's best chance is to force Floyd to be more active, be able to cut off the ring with his size, wear him down with body shots, and then go for the KO.
        Can he do it? Who knows but either way both guys get props for taking the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
          Damn you beat me to it lol! I was watching 24/7 he was in camp with all of those fighters talking about how they would beat him!

He is a promoter and is doing an excellent job of selling the fights, because obviously the more people tune in the more he gets paid. So he is doing his job, but it does come off as he is hating on Floyd a little bit before each fight.
          Lol why do we have this people thinking the most stupidest things. Dlh hates floy if dlh really hated floyd he would never promote any of pbf fights. Even after dlh retired from boxing his name brings people when they hear golden biy promotions. Since pbf is the favorite dlh is not gonna come out and say yeah jt sill be an easy fight for pbf he will outbox guererro its a mismatch you think people would buy it???? Dlh is a promoter he only sees the $$$$.

While pbf keeps fighting dlh keeps making money he is like his boss without a title or lets call it the middleman he promotes delivers the fight pbf just fights

Comment

Like he did with Guerrero?

Comment

A mix of what malinagii did again broner and castillo vs floyd is the way to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by periks19 View Post
                Lol why do we have this people thinking the most stupidest things. Dlh hates floy if dlh really hated floyd he would never promote any of pbf fights. Even after dlh retired from boxing his name brings people when they hear golden biy promotions. Since pbf is the favorite dlh is not gonna come out and say yeah jt sill be an easy fight for pbf he will outbox guererro its a mismatch you think people would buy it???? Dlh is a promoter he only sees the $$$$.

While pbf keeps fighting dlh keeps making money he is like his boss without a title or lets call it the middleman he promotes delivers the fight pbf just fights
                exactly ppl play right into these guys hand.

Comment

on september 14th we will see the best canelo get taken to school.if he "alvared" throws that right hand, he'll get countered.and or gases.money will attack.mayweather has seen alvareds style his entire career. alvared has never been in the ring with anybody near what mayweather bring to a fight. could be a stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    A mix of what malinagii did again broner and castillo vs floyd is the way to beat him
                    won't work. mayweather aint losing no fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                      My thought exactly when I hear Canelo say that hes going to lay off the weights and come in lighter I see that hurting him more than helping. I lift weights myself and when you stop lifting for a while you lose power an I expect to see a difference in Canelo..if its not broke don't fix it, Canelo won a lot of his fights by coming in bigger and mauling his opponents, why change now..
                      Maybe because he has 2 pounds more to shred now? Or maybe because they feel lifting weights was the reason for low stamina? If a 154 fighter enters the ring at over 170 pounds he should change some things or consider to move up. If a fighter has to dehydrate so much for the weigh in, it HAS a big impact on your conditioning. So i think its a good idea for him to do less weight training to come in a bit lighter but faster and with more stamina. You cant beat Floyd with a low workrate.

Comment

Working...
                      X