No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo Drawing More Fans Than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lx!! View Post
    So what else is new... Ask gayweather to do a ppv of February with a non MEXICAN fighter see how many fans he brings...
    Cotto Rematch will feed your Hate?

Comment

• lol yeah I'm sure the guy trying to live through Canelo would say this

Comment

• Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
        LMFAO @ ODLH!!!

So 200k followers on twitter > 4mill followers on twitter??

uh aight lol
        word!!!!!

Comment

• Floyds fans aren't just going to show-up in drones at press conferences that's just not going to happen even at weigh-ins; at the fight they will be there. If they showed up like Mexicans do most of these press tours would be cut short so be thankful it's like it is.

Comment

• Lol, haters so ******
            if Canelo fights against guy like:
            Guerrero = not PPV fight
            Ortiz = around 500.000 buys
            Cotto = around 700.000 buys
            Floyd fights:
            Guerrero = around 900.000
            Ortiz = 1.250.000
            Cotto = 1.600.000
            Floyd have:
            -4 mln followers on twitter
            -9 PPV fights which generated 600+ millions $
            Oscar without Floyd maximum did 1.4 mln buys - this one MILLION lower when he fights against May.
            Canelo have:
            0 PPV event
            10$ ticket
            Stop hate, you look like 9 years old kids

Comment

• Why are people upset with Oscar's statement? It's pretty apparent that Canelo's drawing more fans to the pressers. Floyd can't even speak without getting bombarded with culero and Mexico chants.

Comment

• I mean this is really a ****** post. This sounds like a high school arguement. " I have more friends than you, No I have more, No I have more" Really if your Mayweather should you care if Canelo has more fans at the announcement tour? The more Canello fans the more money Floyd makes off the PPV. We will see how big of a draw Canelo is when he does his next PPV without Floyd. Selling out the Alamo Dome when some tickets were $20 doesn't compare either.
                Last edited by TBOGGS78; 06-29-2013, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• the main reason why people love Canelo is the same reason why people followed Chavez Sr. in the first place...these boxers come out of poverty and out of nothing also the hunger that they have to relates to many hard working mexicans...but dont confuse the poverty in Mexico against the poverty in the USA because it does not compare. In america we all have a chance to make it if we wish to do so!!! and in Mexico there is not much of a choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
                    I dont understand how he is so much more widely popular amongst Mexican-Americans than actual Mexican-American boxers like Ortiz, Mikey Garcia, Mares, etc. Canelo was born in Mexico, dresses like he's a runway model, been pampered for years, and isn't all that exciting relative to what you expect from mexican boxers.
                    the main reason why people love Canelo is the same reason why people followed Chavez Sr. in the first place...these boxers "come out of poverty and out of nothing" also the hunger that they have really relates to the many hard working mexicans...but dont confuse the poverty in Mexico against the poverty in the USA because it does not compare. In america we all have a chance to make it if we wish to do so!!! and in Mexico there is not much of a choice.

Comment

• Canelo base will love him regardless US fanbase is finicky as long as you win they will love and when you don't nobody cares. Just get me to the weigh-in and fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X