No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Have The Ability To Outbox Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
    this won't happen for many reason, the 1st 2 being discipline and consistency, both things Alvarez does not have...FM is not Trout, a good boxer, no punch w/many hand-picked opponents, ie: the times he fought in MX...
    Canelo has discipline. He's very patient in the ring, but he definitely lacks consistency.

Comment

Not gonna happen the only fighter who seem to come close to beating mayweather was De la Hoya who was effective with his jab early and made it a really close fight until Oscar abandoned his jab in the later rounds but Oscar is a far more better boxer than Canelo and to be honest Canelo didn't show me much against trout either.

Comment

I hope Canelo is joking... If he goes into that ring thinking hes going to outbox Floyd then he has already lost the fight.

Comment

May I remind folks about all the stuff most of us publicly stated we didn't think he could do before the trout fight?

1. He has no head movement and he's not illusive: Well he proved us wrong
          2. Only thing he can do is slug: Well he proved us wrong
          3. The kid has no strategy: Well he proved us wrong
          4. He doesn't have any ring IQ: Well he proved us wrong
          5. He won't look good against a slick boxer: Well he proved us wrong
          6. He has no short range power: Well he proved us wrong, he wobbled trout with a straight punch he didn't wind up.
          7. He has no foot work: This one is still up for debate but can be disputed both ways.

Now i'm man enough to admit I don't know what this kid can or cannot do anymore. He proved me wrong in a few ways and the fact he's at that age where anything can be given focus to in training leads me to believe he may have been working on being an actual better boxer but hasn't had an opponent to publicly show it on. The fact that he doesn't have to pull his punches wayyy back to have k.o. power is reminiscent of Pacquaio to me and that makes him dangerous at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            May I remind folks about all the stuff most of us publicly stated we didn't think he could do before the trout fight?

1. He has no head movement and he's not illusive: Well he proved us wrong
            2. Only thing he can do is slug: Well he proved us wrong
            3. The kid has no strategy: Well he proved us wrong
            4. He doesn't have any ring IQ: Well he proved us wrong
            5. He won't look good against a slick boxer: Well he proved us wrong
            6. He has no short range power: Well he proved us wrong, he wobbled trout with a straight punch he didn't wind up.
            7. He has no foot work: This one is still up for debate but can be disputed both ways.

Now i'm man enough to admit I don't know what this kid can or cannot do anymore. He proved me wrong in a few ways and the fact he's at that age where anything can be given focus to in training leads me to believe he may have been working on being an actual better boxer but hasn't had an opponent to publicly show it on. The fact that he doesn't have to pull his punches wayyy back to have k.o. power is reminiscent of Pacquaio to me and that makes him dangerous at all times.
            He has terrible stamina ... He proved us right, again.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              He has terrible stamina ... He proved us right, again.
              In one fight? You really are reaching for any excuse then..if it was a running narrative like with Jean Pacal then i'd agree but it happened in one solitary fight. Also who is to say that was why he fought half a round?

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
                Everyone comes at Floyd. Why not try and box him. Canelo has a great jab, height and reach, and can move pretty well too. Believe it or not, Mayweather is quite open to the jab that's why I've always believed Khan would give him a great fight. Speed, height, reach, and a world class jab would present Mayweather with something different. Canelo doesn't have the speed of Khan but he has everything else and I'm confident he can take some rounds from Mayweather. If he tries to pressure Floyd too much he will get picked off and frustrate himself.
                I thought Mayweather was taller and had the longer reach?

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                  I hope Canelo is joking... If he goes into that ring thinking hes going to outbox Floyd then he has already lost the fight.
                  First thought that came to my mind.

Canelo is going to find out, like all the rest and like Floyd eluded to, it's totally different when you're in there. Sparring the likes of Shane Mosley does nothing for him.

Comment

In one fight? You really are reaching for any excuse then..if it was a running narrative like with Jean Pacal then i'd agree but it happened in one solitary fight. Also who is to say that was why he fought half a round?
                    he has terrible stamina in every fight.

Comment

Are you serious?

Comment

Working...
                      X