Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Have The Ability To Outbox Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto did well boxing with Mayweather in spots. Not that I think Canelo has Cotto's boxing skills but if he establish a jab early, move and pick his spots, he can do well.

The problem is that damn Mayweather can hit you basically at will, so his defense needs to be TOP notch to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      I think this is bad strategy. In the past 4 or 5 fights, Floyd is spending a lot of time in the pocket and on the ropes, but once there, guys are looking for the perfect head shot insted of vicious body shots, EVEN WHEN THEY OUTWEIGH HIM! Kill the body and look for the KO late.
      Agreed, that would be his one and only chance for a victory. Unfortunately, easier said than done. As we've seen many times, Floyd is the master of adjustment.

Comment

Here's the problem with thinking all Canelo needs to do is "brawl" with Mayweather to win. There will be many times in the fight where Canelo (like he did vs Trout) will have to box from the outside.

At first I thought this couldn't be done by him, but he shocked me in the way he did box vs Trout and showed me he isn't a 1 dimensional fighter.

While I don't think Canelo can outbox Mayweather for 12 rounds, he will have to outbox him in spurts. He can't just come forward all the time because of stamina issues. He has to pick his spots of when to do what.

I also think that Canelo is as fast as Mayweather, or it's very close. Watching Canelo in the last few fights, he's an incredible athlete, much better than most give him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          After years of winning world title belts, you would think Floyd Mayweather does not have anything else left to prove in boxing.

He has beaten some of the best fighters in the sport, even those who will one day be enshrined at the International Boxing Hall of Fame in upstate New York.

So why fight a boxer who barely had a career-defining fight just two months ago? Or a fighter who has built a fan base behind him, but has been labeled by some in the sport as someone who may be in over his head when he faces Mayweather. [Click Here To Read More]
          he young doe!!!

Comment

He has to know better than to try and outbox mayweather that's the dumbest strategy he doesn't have the speed for one

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Here's the problem with thinking all Canelo needs to do is "brawl" with Mayweather to win. There will be many times in the fight where Canelo (like he did vs Trout) will have to box from the outside.

At first I thought this couldn't be done by him, but he shocked me in the way he did box vs Trout and showed me he isn't a 1 dimensional fighter.

While I don't think Canelo can outbox Mayweather for 12 rounds, he will have to outbox him in spurts. He can't just come forward all the time because of stamina issues. He has to pick his spots of when to do what.

I also think that Canelo is as fast as Mayweather, or it's very close. Watching Canelo in the last few fights, he's an incredible athlete, much better than most give him credit for.
              Nword please!

Comment

if ever there was a sign of inexperience or to be green on Canelos part.....There you have it.

Comment

for the record Canelo's translator yesterday at the press conference was full of ****, i hate that guy, he always puts words in canelo's mouth, so take this and anything else canelo said yesterday with a grain of salt. only trust the translator DURING the press on the mic, not the translator from before or after the press. and im looking through videos from yesterday and i dont see where canelo says this

one thing i do know is that oscar keeps telling canelo to use the jab, so atleast thats something we do know canelo has in mind coming into the fight, the jab
                  Last edited by dudeiknow; 06-26-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post
                    for the record Canelo's translator yesterday at the press conference was full of ****, i hate that guy, he always puts words in canelo's mouth, so take this and anything else canelo said yesterday with a grain of salt. only trust the translator DURING the press on the mic, not the translator from before or after the press. and im looking through videos from yesterday and i dont see where canelo says this

one thing i do know is that oscar keeps telling canelo to use the jab, so atleast thats something we do know canelo has in mind coming into the fight, the jab
                    That is true same here....I've seen all the videos from conferencessince the NY press and never has he mention the posibility of outboxing mayweather. In one of them he said somthing along the lines of it's inposible to out box him so we are preparing an strategy to win and I have no doubt we're going to win.

Unless there is a new interview I would take this with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
                      That is true same here....I've seen all the videos from conferencessince the NY press and never has he mention the posibility of outboxing mayweather. In one of them he said somthing along the lines of it's inposible to out box him so we are preparing an strategy to win and I have no doubt we're going to win.

Unless there is a new interview I would take this with a grain of salt.
                      This all makes a lot of sense. I can't believe how bad some of these "translators" are. I've seen some of them literally put words in a fighter's mouth. It's terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X