No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Have The Ability To Outbox Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    Remember, Floyd can only purely outbox those who try to make it a fight and come after him to make something happen. With those who didn't try to make it a fight, Floyd started pressuring them (i.e. Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah for half the fight). He can't successfully pressure a bigger, stronger Canelo the way he did Sharmba - who was a pure boxer with pillow fists equivalent to Malignaggie.

All Canelo needs to do is be patient, use his head movement, not worry about the boo birds that will come from the audience, and see if Floyd starts doing anything differently once he realizes that Canelo isn't coming at him, head first.

Floyd plans on winning on points. Canelo needs to be patient, but he must gets his punches off first. Trout popped his head off a few times with the jab in spurts when he waited too long to threw punches. The longer he waits, the more Floyd will pot-shots him. The jab to the body will be important in this fight for Floyd as long as he mixes it up upstairs as well.

Comment

He actually said it??? Too classic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        Remember, Floyd can only purely outbox those who try to make it a fight and come after him to make something happen. With those who didn't try to make it a fight, Floyd started pressuring them (i.e. Sharmba Mitchell, Zab Judah for half the fight). He can't successfully pressure a bigger, stronger Canelo the way he did Sharmba - who was a pure boxer with pillow fists equivalent to Malignaggie.

All Canelo needs to do is be patient, use his head movement, not worry about the boo birds that will come from the audience, and see if Floyd starts doing anything differently once he realizes that Canelo isn't coming at him, head first.
        LMFAO...he can be "PATIENT" all he want, he will look up and find himself being shut out if he fights that way. Inactivity against Mayweather is not going to get you a Win over him. But again we shall see, everybody always come in wit ha Gameplay but as soon as it is not working after the first few round they all go back to what they best they start chasing Mayweather down and try to make it a "FIGHT"

He not fast enough to be Patient and wait to try and catch Mayweather nor does he have the timing to do that.

What is going to Happen Mayweather will Pot Shot Canelo repeatedly and Canelo will struggle to let his hands go and struggle trying to time Mayweather because Mayweather will be a Moving target that he has NEVER faced before, I am all for this strategy for a great Counterpuncher with SPEED! Canelo is not a Counterpuncher and his Speed is just OK

And I love how random dudes on a boxing forum...THINK they know the strategy on how to beat Mayweather, first it was "PRESSURE" now it is "BE PATIENT"?
        Last edited by sicko; 06-26-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          LMFAO...he can be "PATIENT" all he want, he will look up and find himself being shut out if he fights that way. Inactivity against Mayweather is not going to get you a Win over him. But again we shall see, everybody always come in wit ha Gameplay but as soon as it is not working after the first few round they all go back to what they best they start chasing Mayweather down and try to make it a "FIGHT"

He not fast enough to be Patient and wait to try and catch Mayweather nor does he have the timing to do that.

What is going to Happen Mayweather will Pot Shot Canelo repeatedly and Canelo will struggle to let his hands go because Mayweather will be a Moving target that he has NEVER faced before, I am all for this strategy for a great Counterpuncher with SPEED! Canelo is not a Counterpuncher and his Speed is Decent

He's actually a good counter-puncher with good timing. I think some of these guys on here are overrating him a little bit and making him seem better than he really is, but Canelo has the tools to beat Floyd. He still looks too stiff and can't gets his punches off without setting his feet first.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            He's a actually a good counter-puncher with good timing. I think some of these guys on here are overrating him a little bit and making him seem better than he really is, but Canelo has the tools to beat Floyd.
            But he showed that against who so far though? Timing Trout, Baldomir, Miguel Cotto brother and fighters like that is much easier then timing Mayweather. It is easy to time someone stand right in front of you who don't have the footwork to move around and avoid your punches.

So no neither you or me know if he has the Tools because we haven't seen those tools on display against TOP LEVEL FIGHTERS!

Your going to have to go and TAKE Mayweather's Crown, nobody is going to just HAND Canelo a Victory just because he gave a strong effort and he won't have Judges Scorecards already favoring him going into a fight with Trout...IN TEXAS! He is going to have to TAKE Mayweather's 0 and that won't come easy for ANYBODY not just Canelo.
            Last edited by sicko; 06-26-2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

He probably watched Floyd's fight against Cotto and saw that Cotto was sometimes taking the center of the ring and outboxing Floyd from distance. Yes, that really did happen. Why people here seem to think Floyd is an unbeatable god is somewhat confusing to me. Even in his last fight he looked "beatable".

So with Canelo's terrible stamina, I doubt he is planning on getting on Floyd's chest for 36 minutes and trying to overwhelm him with volume. Yes, he will be about 20 pounds bigger but that is not his style (again, his stamina is not good). So I wouldn't be surprised to see him OCCASIONALLY take the center of the ring and box Floyd from distance, kind of like he did with Trout. And I won't be surprised to see Floyd eat some jabs.

I expect this to be a close fight. I can't see anyway that Floyd will "beat up" Canelo, unless Canelo gasses. And it doesn't sound like Canelo is going to try something ****** in there. He must realize he has to pace himself, and not try and become something he is not. If I had to predict, this fight will be somewhat like FMJ vs DLH, where Floyd won a close fight that some felt he lost due to not engaging enough. If FMJ fights like he did against Cotto, he will lose.

Comment

Canelo will not out box Mayweather. He's not fast enough and he's not as skilled. He has a small window of opportunity to win this fight. It will be in the first 3 rounds. He will either have to catch and KO Mayweather or hurt him so bad that it affect him for the rest of the fight. He will not get too many opportunities to attack the body because Mayweather will simply not be there. In the beginning of the Trout fight Canelo was missing a lot. It wasn't until Trout felt pressed to come forward that he was able to connect more. Canelo does have what it takes to beat Floyd but he has to be near perfect to pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by APryor View Post
                  He probably watched Floyd's fight against Cotto and saw that Cotto was sometimes taking the center of the ring and outboxing Floyd from distance. Yes, that really did happen. Why people here seem to think Floyd is an unbeatable god is somewhat confusing to me. Even in his last fight he looked "beatable".

So with Canelo's terrible stamina, I doubt he is planning on getting on Floyd's chest for 36 minutes and trying to overwhelm him with volume. Yes, he will be about 20 pounds bigger but that is not his style (again, his stamina is not good). So I wouldn't be surprised to see him OCCASIONALLY take the center of the ring and box Floyd from distance, kind of like he did with Trout. And I won't be surprised to see Floyd eat some jabs.

I expect this to be a close fight. I can't see anyway that Floyd will "beat up" Canelo, unless Canelo gasses. And it doesn't sound like Canelo is going to try something ****** in there. He must realize he has to pace himself, and not try and become something he is not. If I had to predict, this fight will be somewhat like FMJ vs DLH, where Floyd won a close fight that some felt he lost due to not engaging enough. If FMJ fights like he did against Cotto, he will lose.

Anyone with a great jab has a really good chance of beating Floyd. Cotto did outboxed him a few times in spurts, but Floyd did took control in the center of the ring for the majority of the fight especially in the championship rounds. Canelo has a better right hand than Cotto, but his jab isn't as good as Cotto's jab. I agree that Floyd would definitely lose if he fight Canelo the way he fought Cotto, but i don't think he'll be as stubborn as he was against Cotto because he doesn't seem to underestimate Canelo the way he did Cotto. He'd play right into Canelo's hands by fighting off the ropes, but I think he plans on sticking and moving as he did against Guerrero,
                  Last edited by Carpe Diem; 06-26-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Floyd makes busy aggressive fighters shut down , when people figure out why they will then see how a great a fighter he is , like he is always saying its different when your in there facing him , he hits them from ranges they cannot believe and they don't see them coming , that will shut any fighters flow down and once they start trying to think with Floyd they already lost .

Canelo is a very quick short accurate puncher ,physically strong and quick enough to catch him , Floyd needs to be on his AAA game in this as its a dangerous fight for a number of reasons , Floyd is not a big puncher but he hits hard enough to prop them and hard enough to stop them running him over , if Canelo doesn't respect Floyds power and uses his strength and size to close the gap where his short snappy punches can work it can be a very interesting fight .

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                      Anyone with a great jab has a really good chance of beating Floyd. Cotto did outboxed him a few times in spurts, but Floyd did took control in the center of the ring for the majority of the fight especially in the championship rounds. Canelo has a better right hand than Cotto, but his jab isn't as good as Cotto's jab. I agree that Floyd would definitely lose if he fight Canelo the way he fought Cotto, but i don't think he'll be as stubborn as he was against Cotto because he doesn't seem to underestimate Canelo the way he did Cotto. He'd play right into Canelo's hands by fighting off the ropes, but I think he plans on sticking and moving as he did against Guerrero,

I can't really disagree with anything you wrote.

I will say that it's relevant that Canelo will not try and fight like Guerrero did and that he will do a lot better than Guerrero at fighting from distance. Guerrero initially wanted to get on Floyd's chest (before he ate a lot of clean punches) and when he fought from distance, he looked terrible.

I think it will look like the Cotto fight did at times, with Canelo occasionally looking good and landing while taking the center of the ring and fighting from distance. With Canelo being so much stronger than Cotto, I agree that Floyd won't be able to stay in the pocket and grind Canelo down like he did to Cotto. But since Cotto seemed to fade in the championship rounds (or Floyd just rallied and took charge), I guess we could see the same with Canelo, just because his limited gas tank is a weakness. Taking the center of the ring and waiting for Floyd to make a move would not be a bad strategy for Canelo to try as a Plan A. He obviously can't overwhelm Floyd with volume because his stamina kind of sucks.

I really don't see this as an easy fight for Floyd. If FMJ wins this one, it will be his best win in ages, even though the ****** catch weight would cheapen the victory a bit. Kind of like how fighting Hatton at 147 instead of 140 slightly cheapened what was an otherwise excellent win...

I agree that Canelo's jab will be key BTW. If he can land it like Cotto did, his chances of winning go way up.

Comment

Working...
                      X