Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — How Much Credit Does Broner Deserve?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    The reality is, no matter how feather fisted a guy is, if he's landing flush, his opponent's head is gonna snap back. And personally, I don't remember Broner's head snapping back with any regularity.
    Broner already keeps his head leant back, it's part of his defence, it can't snap back much further without snapping off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      I'm pretty sure some of those people giving Broner credit were shitting on Khan.
      And Khan should have been the one saying "easy money". Thats why Broner looked frustrated even with the win because he knows Khan and Ricky stopped Paulie and he couldn't do it and he lost 5 rounds to an older version of Paulie.
      Last edited by torosboxing75; 06-24-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

broner deserves as much credit as cotto, hatton, and khan did.

why is this even being discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          "Get hit the way he does?" Dude, Paulie landed 25% of his punches and a lotta those were glancing blows. You make a world class fighter, with fast hands, who's gameplan is to touch you and is not really try to land any hard shots miss 630 times, I'd say defense is the least of your worries.

As for the guys you mentioned giving him trouble, I doubt it. I think all are tailor-made for AB. Its hard enough to hit AB with straight punches. The wide, looping punches that the fighters you mentioned throw would get them chopped up against AB.
          Gavin reese hit him, Paulie hit him a lot to the body. If you think he can stand there like that against any of the guys I mentioned, then you need to watch more boxing.

Paulie can't break and egg, he gets hit by Mathysse, he's in serious trouble. Also, Paulie took some good shots from him and was never even hurt, Mathysse, Rios and Maidana has really good chins, they are FAR from tailor made for AB.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            Gavin reese hit him, Paulie hit him a lot to the body. If you think he can stand there like that against any of the guys I mentioned, then you need to watch more boxing.

Paulie can't break and egg, he gets hit by Mathysse, he's in serious trouble. Also, Paulie took some good shots from him and was never even hurt, Mathysse, Rios and Maidana has really good chins, they are FAR from tailor made for AB.
            resepectfully, why is it a problem if rees and paulie hit broner? Broner felt their power and didn't feel the need to fight differently because they couldn't hurt him. he took shots to give harder shots.

to think he'd fight harder punchers the same way makes no sense. yes if he gets tagged from a harder puncher he'd be in more danger-but he didn't fight demarco like he did paulie. you see my point?

Comment

I tell you what it's true people will watch regardless love him or hate him but he will never see a dime from me because I just find a free stream like I do for Mayweather. I am starting to like Mayweather because he seems more mature and carrying him self with a little more respect and seeing him with his kids acting like a real man should act. After the Guerrero fight when his (Floyds) dad was about to start snapping and Floyd told him to chill he earned more respect from me then any other time in his career. Because I don't care how good you are if you go around acting like a piece of **** most people that weren't raised that way are going to look at you like your an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                You get credit for beating anyone, but I think if Broner doesn't do something to change his movement, he's in for a long night against Rios, Mathysse, or Maidana.
                In fairness if it's Matthysse the night's not going to be all that long.

Comment

Caleb Traux owned Broners b1tch a$$

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    resepectfully, why is it a problem if rees and paulie hit broner? Broner felt their power and didn't feel the need to fight differently because they couldn't hurt him. he took shots to give harder shots.

to think he'd fight harder punchers the same way makes no sense. yes if he gets tagged from a harder puncher he'd be in more danger-but he didn't fight demarco like he did paulie. you see my point?
                    Well that's the point isn't it...Let's see if Broner can adjust, but he will have to adjust. I haven't seen him move his feet yet in a fight, he comes forward with that philly shell and does get hit. I could be wrong and Broner could be the amazing mover, I just haven't seen it.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    In fairness if it's Matthysse the night's not going to be all that long.
                    Good point...

Comment

I can't give Broner too much credit for this win. He almost forgot about how boxing and scoring works. Just because he hit malignaggi harder he almost left himself vulnerable to close decision loss by not KOing him. Especially after talkin all that sh__ and saying that he would KO Paulie. He should have finished him. Instead he posed and talked trash and barely did enough to get a decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X