No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs. Kovalev Mandatory is Ordered By The IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins vs. Kovalev Mandatory is Ordered By The IBF

According to the International Boxing Federation, an order has been issued for Bernard Hopkins (53-6-2, 32KOs) to make a mandatory defense of his light heavyweight title against Sergey Kovalev (21-0-1, 19KOs). Hopkins was scheduled to fight mandatory Karo Murat on July 13th in Brooklyn, but Murat was unable to enter the United States due to visa issues and the fight was canceled. Golden Boy Promotions, and Main Events, who promote Kovalev, were given until June 17th to reach an agreement or head to a purse bid. Hopkins has made it clear that he wants a unification fight in the fall, so it will be interesting to see how this situations works out.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This would be a sweet fight...

Kovalev might be a little green, but no worse than cloud or stevenson...

Can you say STEP-ASIDE $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Fantastic news

Comment

I love how it says or when "mandatories" (sighing) are determined it says "ORDERED".

Has there ever been a mandatory that was "ORDERED" less than 3 days after one of the participants fought?

Not that I don't like this fight but come on.

Comment

Lol, imo B-Hop will vacate and try to make a Froch or Golovkin fight.

Comment

Now this is a fight I like.

Comment

Kovalev becomes the first to stop B-Hop

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Lol, imo B-Hop will vacate and try to make a Froch or Golovkin fight.
                This is likely IMO and won't bother me because Kovlaev will be fighting for the vacant IBF title and will begin his destructive title reign

Comment

Kovalev KO's Bhop and puts him in retirement.

Comment

Doesn't a unification take precedent over a mandatory? You would think Hopkins will fight Stevenson next. Maybe even drop the title if he has to.

Comment

Working...
                    X