Collapse
No announcement yet.

E Lara....were you impressed??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Before te fight I was pretty leary that Lara would do enough to win rounds and not give them away so I picked Angulo by SD. I got to see that tune-up from Perro live and I thought it looked like he got his wind back in the last two rounds of the Silva fight and would be there close for 12 rounds regardless of the skill disparity.

Lara stepped up his offense in this fight big time and responded to the pace of Angulo and even won some of the rounds where there was back and forth action with Angulo pressing and being successful. It became more of a dogfight than I thought....but, while he was on his feet at least, there was never a time I felt he was giving the fight away like I have in the past - I am one who thought he ****ed himself in the Williams fight, so seeing him learn from that and get over the hump again is impressive. It's not to say that he wouldn't have lost the fight going down the stretch but he showed skill and intangibles of a champ.. getting up from the knockdowns, surviving, showing heart, doing damage, etc has me impressed again. I would have just been happy with an increased workrate so that we wouldn't have to sit through months of arguing about scoring of this fight... he displayed some urgency and for me tat is basically what I was looking for out of him. Great fight by both
    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 06-12-2013, 06:58 PM.

Comment

He is a GGG certified Good Boy for sure

Comment

Impressed by his heart, but other than that he done what he normally does.. Had it not been for the orbital bone damage angulo wouldn't have retired and I'd probably have him winning the fight!

I was far more impressed with El Perro's ability to cut off the ring and land to the body, even with his decidedly slow hand and Footspeed. Really thought Lara would make him look like a fool

Comment

It's Angulo who made the fight entertaining to watch. He's the risk taker and crowd pleaser. You cannot dislike a fighter like that. The crowd wanted the runner get KTFO. He quit, unfortunately, but did enough damage to Lara's body.

Comment

I was one of the few that thought he was overrated but I was really impress with him last weekend. He got dropped twice got back up and fought hard and showed heart.

I want to see him in there with the best fighters at 154. The match maker Eric Gomez for GBP needs to keep putting him in with exciting fighters like Angulo ,Kirland and Cotto these guys will make him fight and bring out the best out of Lara.

Comment

I was impressed by BOTH angulo and lara. I was almost gonna write off angulo because he looked like **** in his previous fights but vs lara he looked like his pre-kirkland self. Lara impressed me on both of those knockdowns he got back up and seemed to box even better. And these cuban southpaws throw absolutely beautiful straight lefts!

Comment

Not really, I expected Lara to box circles around Angulo...I was suprised Angulo made a fight out of it and dropped Lara TWICE...

I would say I was more suprised by Angulo, can't say impressed...

Comment

If the Angulo that showed up would have been the one that showed up against Kirkland i would say i was disappointed, cant see a future etc. But right now i'm even hyped on Angulo again i want to see both of them again against COtto,Canelo,Trout anybody any big name id watch both of them again that was some comeback for Lara who brought his heart and balls to that fight and even tho it didn't suit him he traded, but also a huge comeback For Angulo even tho he was injured i hope it's nothing long term. And Lara is a small MW guy Angulo out weighed him by a full 10 pounds on fight night so i could see him trying out Welter.

I think we saw Angulo's beast mode i think we still havent seen Lara's yet, he had pressure on him to entertain so he put the boxing a bit on d back burner, a lil bit more work on that stamina and developing his inside game and he could do great things.
                  Last edited by DannYankee; 06-13-2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I like Lara, he showed me alot Saturday night. Hope he gets a fight with Cotto next. Would love to see it in BK.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                      I like Lara, he showed me alot Saturday night. Hope he gets a fight with Cotto next. Would love to see it in BK.
                      Mikey gonna get that asss.......................

Comment

Working...
                      X