Collapse
No announcement yet.

E Lara....were you impressed??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was more impressed with Angulo. (This is not to take anything away from Lara). But about 80% of boxing fans felt that Lara would sonn Angulo. Instead Angulo fought a blistering pace and earned a few kd's en route to a great fight and awesome stoppage loss. I don't think there are many jr middleweights that could have done better against that Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by B Phontain View Post
      it almost seemed like it woulda been a short night for angulo until his trainer told him in what i think was rd 3 that lara was already tiring and that those body punches were working. After that Angulo looked like a brand new guy. I think his team had a great plan going in for lara and almost payed off. Lara on the other hand i think handled himself very well for a guy getting dropped twice for the first times ever. He never looked like....how do i say this.......He never looked lost in there to me
      Agree. After the 1st KD, I thought he was done. The way he got KD was brutal. The guy is a fighter through and through.

Comment

i was impressed by the beating he took

looked like any minute his ribs would just cave in under an angulo punch

Comment

he showed real toughness but he's limited to 1-2 punch combinations that's why he can't keep angulo off him. he needs to increase his output and show more angles. he didn't move fast enough when he needed to...angulo is already past prime and obviously slower but he was able to cut the ring off easily because lara didn't throw much combinations.

Comment

I was highly impressed with both. Angulo did better than I thought he would do, Lara despite being knocked down also adjusted and even came back in those rounds that he got KD'ed. It was a great fight for both.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              i was impressed by the beating he took

looked like any minute his ribs would just cave in under an angulo punch

Comment

He wasn't as slick as I wanted him to be, but he made up for that by showing a toughness and desire too many fighters lack in today's game. That first KD looked like it had stop the fight right there, but his powers of recovery, the way he just stood up, shook it off and even made a case for winning the rest of the round, you can't train that into a fighter, he either has it or he doesn't.

It's wrong to say I was impressed, because he shouldn't have been hit so much, but impressed with the heart and grit he showed? Yes, and more so.

Comment

I think he is a damn good fighter and have done for a long time. He can be awkward and not too pretty to watch at times, but he gave a very entertaining fight against Angulo. He showed not only guts but composure when decked(as mentioned earlier) and he also showed he could fight as well as box. I was impressed.

Comment

Lara put on one hell of a performance. Of course I'm impressed, I still got love for Angulo doe....

Comment

Originally posted by xLuKeYx
                      He wasn't as slick as I wanted him to be, but he made up for that by showing a toughness and desire too many fighters lack in today's game. That first KD looked like it had stop the fight right there, but his powers of recovery, the way he just stood up, shook it off and even made a case for winning the rest of the round, you can't train that into a fighter, he either has it or he doesn't.

It's wrong to say I was impressed, because he shouldn't have been hit so much, but impressed with the heart and grit he showed? Yes, and more so.
                      Man, when I saw his legs go the way they did and how his whole collapsed on top of Angulo I thought he was done... Then I shed a tear when I saw him win the rest of the round.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X