No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo Provides Update on His Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitelightning8 View Post
    I'm addressing this to everyone who tells angulo to stop whining about the thumb. Obviously he was taking punches but I'm willing to bet none of you have ever taken a thumb to eye when boxing. Idk what this thumbless glove bs is, you can still absolutely take a legal punch that happens to hit you in the eyeball. I've had it done, its a *****.
    In that particular case, it's not a foul or anything like it. If the boxer receiving the thumb refuses to continue to fight, the ref can stop the match and award the other fighter the victory.

Comment

Sorry angulo and the fans who cant see!!!!!
      It wasnt a thumb to the eye it was the same punch landing over an over in the same spot!!!!
      Dont get it twisted tho i had angulo winning and puttin lara away bfor the end but i dont lik angulo making excuses that are fraud might of felt lik a thumb but it was clear to see it wasnt.
      Take ur L lika g an scream rematch cuz i dont wanna see u or angulo fight anyone else!!!!

Comment

If Angulo recovered from KIRKLAND's punishment, what makes you think he won't recover from Laras punching power? also you have to take into consideration liver, kidney damage taken from Lara. he may be urinating blood for all I know.

The point is that wether it was a thumb or not, it wasn't intentional.....and El Perro is giving Lara props for his victory.
        Last edited by whoseyourdaddy; 06-12-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I can't believe I missed this fight. I'll have to wait for the replay.

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
            If Angulo recovered from KIRKLAND's punishment, what makes you think he won't recover from Laras punching power? also you have to take into consideration liver, kidney damage taken from Lara. he may be urinating blood for all I know.

The point is that wether it was a thumb or not, it wasn't intentional.....and El Perro is giving Lara props for his victory.
            Angulo has now sustained further damage after the Kirkland fight. Maybe he'll be okay for his next fight, maybe he'll deteriorate further. Brain damage is cumulative. Lara could indeed have been pissing blood for a few days, but the organs contained in the torso aren't as delicate as the brain. Landy should be okay, as long as he doesn't take that kind of punishment on a regular basis.

Comment

If u watched the fight in HD and on a 65 inch screen, you'd clearly see in the right jab setting up the final left, the thumb part of the glove DID sc**** across angulo's eye socket area. The straight left that followed hit square but that jab was just the thumb part of the glove.

But who cares, it wasn't intentional... It just happened during the course of a very heated contest. They need to let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                If u watched the fight in HD and on a 65 inch screen, you'd clearly see in the right jab setting up the final left, the thumb part of the glove DID sc**** across angulo's eye socket area. The straight left that followed hit square but that jab was just the thumb part of the glove.

But who cares, it wasn't intentional... It just happened during the course of a very heated contest. They need to let it go.
                I saw exactly that. The thumb of Lara's right glove sc****d the very corner of Angulo's left eye, then Landy followed with a left that landed square. Anyone complaining of a "thumbing" is just plain wrong. Even if the thumb caused irritation to Alfredo's eye, it wasn't intentional, nor did it give him the right to turn away. It's a fight. Things like this happen. "Perro" should have at least complained to the ref if he thought there was a foul. I can almost guarantee that the referee would have ordered them to resume fighting. If Angulo would've refused, the ref would've ruled it a TKO anyway.

Comment

Angulo has been fighting long enough to know when he's been thumbed. As posted earlier, it was the right hand that thumbed him, not the left as the commentators suggested.

Angulo is a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post

I saw it in my theater room 120" HD projector, and there is no doubt the thumb from the right jab caught his eye right before the left cross. Funniest thing is another poster saying it was a beautiful right punch that broke his eye. LOL if they can't tell the difference between a left and right how can we ever make them understand that thumbless gloves still have thumbs;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Foolkiller View Post
                      I saw it in my theater room 120" HD projector
                      I am both hateful and jealous of you. If you have a room that is solely dedicated to 'theater' I can only assume you are rich enough to afford full surround sound equipment and furniture to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X