Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alfredo Angulo Provides Update on His Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If angulo gets a rematch, they need to work on taking away Laras left, though hard to do for someone as stuborn as Angulo. I don't see anything else that would trouble Him in a rematch, he was on his way to stopping Lara in about two more rounds, the 2nd time he got off the canvas his legs were shaky.

Lara is good, but not as good as people claim him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
      If they do have a rematch do you think laras body will be able to take the same amount of punishment? but lets see what both camps say and hopefully we get to see a rematch. cheers.....
      Depends on how soon the rematch happens. Given enough time to heal, Lara should be just as good as before. Landy took punishment, but it wasn't a dismantling, either. Angulo's head will never be the same, although we may not see dire effects right away. Beyond that, Lara's style and ability should allow him to adapt better than Alfredo for a return match.

This should be a great rematch, and I would love to see it. I think it would sell, too.

Comment

It wasnt a thumb no matter how hard some try to say it was. His eye looked like mushed meat before the punches. My wife even noticed it so i dont see how some of you missed it

Comment

wanna see a sequel whenever Angulo gets back
          predicted a Lara win and was happy to see him get it
          but Angulo was was on the verge of an upset until he stopped
          he's been kind of a hard luck guy in his own right
          wouldn't have minded seeing him get that victory
          hopefully, Lara is able to get a title fight outta this win

Comment

Glad to hear it wasn't a serious injury. They eye looked very bad. Agulo looked like Quazimotto! Now that we know it wasn't a broken bone can we get a rematch? Cuz the fight was pretty dam entertaining and I had it dead even at the time of the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliAgent View Post
              His eye was damaged at the end of the round before he turned his back. Watch closely and you will see him wince after taking a nice left. The following round was just the icing on the cake. No thumb. Thumbless gloves. His corner was the one crying for a thumb, never Angulo.
              I'm addressing this to everyone who tells angulo to stop whining about the thumb. Obviously he was taking punches but I'm willing to bet none of you have ever taken a thumb to eye when boxing. Idk what this thumbless glove bs is, you can still absolutely take a legal punch that happens to hit you in the eyeball. I've had it done, its a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by shogun1123 View Post
                I literally just finished watching the fight it was a thumb that did get in the eye. But Angulo took a lot of punches in this fight.

But I have lost no respect for Angulo.

How ever Lara is a good fighter. But if he fights any one with power and good technique is is going to sleep.
                So a 175 pounds Angulo has no power?

Comment

Lara has the most powerful thumb, he can give contutions to an iron chinned Angulo...
                  Last edited by BendOver; 06-12-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

He can't stop with the damn thumb excuses.

Lara hit him so hard, he doesn't know the difference between a thumb and a fist anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X