Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbes says Mayweather lost Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now people are seeing why HBO walked from this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
      this explains why floyd decided to make canelo his next opponent. maybe this showtime deal isnt as bad as some anticipated and they might coerce floyd into taking on better opponents.
      I agree with you, it might have been the best thing that could have happened for fight fans to have the Mayweather fight flop. I like watching Mayweather, IMO he is one of the greatest ever. With that being said, I still want him challenged. With the bad numbers on the first fight of his contract,(I believe the contract is on a fight per fight basis and can be voided at any time)??I would assume that Showtime would have pressured Mayweather to fight a big name.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
        Showtime deal was the best thing that happened to boxing fans. Mayweather will have to face competitive opposition now that Showtime is losing money
        Showtime will recoup their loses in the Canelo fight. Might even be better if Mayweather loses the fight or get beat up win or lose.

Comment

i knew that was gonna happen. People get tired of him not delivering. Ducking big fights and cherry picking. ***** gets old. HBO dumped his sorry ass and show time gets HBOs leftovers. heheeee ! Dude is a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
            so you think you understand showtimes finances better than showtime?their is nothing but a forbes article to suggest they lost this money.showtime has been in business a long time.they know what they can afford.you are doin a lot of math for no reason.assuming floyd did lose 12,who is to say every fight after that loses 12 except the canelo fight.thats plain silly

its a safe bet his contract is contingent on his actual fights.nobody knows his actual contract except him and showtime so their is no point to speculate on it

their profit model meant nothing as the ps3 was extremely expensive to make,unlike ps1 and 2.the system was 600 at launch and still sold at a loss.sony had to take that on the chin.which is why for ps4 they are producing a much cheaper system and will have a much lower launch price

all business is gambles.xbox and nintendo are taking huge gambles with their next gen games while sony chose to play it safe.you win some,you lose some in business.the point was though that 12 mil is pennies to major corp's

Your playstation idea is ******ed. What was considered expensive in 1995 or whenever PS1 was invented is probably more of a factor than it is today given the rapid advance in technology over the past 5 years.

All I need to know is how many fights are in Floyd's deal, the "alleged" amount of money lost from this one (1) fight, and I can tell you how deep they [Showtime] will be in the hole given a certain amount of time, that's simple arithmetic - kids learn that before they are 10 years old, no magic here.

Sony and Nintendo are in business because they know what works, everything they do is calculated and based on empirical data. There are no risks, they have a guarantee that simply needs time to pass in order to satisfy the return on investment.

Comment

I think Floyd was hoping to coast to a nice well paid finish. Nothing wrong with that but he forgot that a lot of people want to see him challenged if not defeated. He's got a sweet deal with Showtime but his last fights might be his most perilous.....

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                Forbes doesn't even have him listed as the highest paid athlete anymore. It was funny because his stans were loving that he was.
                he will be at end of the year thats a fact

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  i knew that was gonna happen. People get tired of him not delivering. Ducking big fights and cherry picking. ***** gets old. HBO dumped his sorry ass and show time gets HBOs leftovers. heheeee ! Dude is a joke!

pac man is fighting rios? is canelo a cherry pick now to that was a duck to you a month ago

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                    dont mind these guys. They'll go to great lengths to justify any wrong doings by mayweather
                    and the haters will go to any length to discredit him funny how people think thats different

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
                      pac man is fighting rios? is canelo a cherry pick now to that was a duck to you a month ago
                      PAC and Rios are BOTH coming off losses! And it will be a action packed fight for as long as it last. Rios is far from a tune up fighter. Are you trying to make a point?

Canelo is a no choice fight. Floyd is losing money! PPV sales are down.
                      What is bold makes absolute no sense whats so ever! ^

Comment

Working...
                      X