Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbes says Mayweather lost Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's Showtime gets! Serve them right! HBO lost Mayweather because he refused to fight any dangerous fighters they wanted him to fight. I would bet Showtime insisted on Canelo because even though it is a sure win, it is at least a challenge. Something Mayweather doesn't like in fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      LOL, if floyd isnt a draw then who the **** is?
      manny pacquiao is , lol, im not even a pacman fan and his fans are legitimate fans, floyd fans are basically riding on floyds **** till he loses, lol, then your next favorite fighter will be broner or ward, ward doesnt even have fans but he at least deserves all the accolades he gets while floyd is vacationing or dancing with the stars again , lol, broner sukks and that aint no joke either , resume wise he is overarated by morons that watch boxing like ross, lol, he said broner was a top 10 p4p fighter then i made his azz recant what he said , floyd will wind up destroying gbp relations with showtime for being a cherry picking dilusional arrogant basterd that he is, lol true ****in story lil homie

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
        *loss............
        Thanks for correcting me. LOL my bad

Comment

• Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
          of course no business wants a loss.but 12 million is not making or breaking anything,and their is 0 proof they lost money

im pretty sure they projected this fight in the range it sold lol.who expects a guerrero fight to do big numbers

i never said it was a good thing.learn to read.i said 12 million is not alot of money to a major corporation.cbs/showtime is a major corporation in case you dont get those channels in your village
          12 million is not a huge amount to a large company, but companies have many sub teams. These teams have roles and their main purpose is to generate a profit.

Showtime's Boxing team will be in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
            12 million is not a huge amount to a large company, but companies have many sub teams. These teams have roles and their main purpose is to generate a profit.

Showtime's Boxing team will be in trouble.

Exactly.

10 years ago IBM was a highly profitable business centric IT company with a consumer product that was hemorrhaging money.

Did they say "Hey no big deal we're makin so much money on servers and services we can just shift that money over there and let them keep on losing!!"

Nope.

They sold off their consumer division (now ****ty ass Lenovo) and doubled down on their profitable enterprises.

They are hands down now the most profitable PC based IT company and protected from the consumer side failures that plague the stocks and public perception of companies like HP and Dell.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              u should read the article. they cited an industry insider who said that sho lost 12mil. sho said they didnt. did showtime lose 12mil? highly unlikely. but ppl will believe what they want when it comes to floyd.
              I read the article. It seems like many others you didnt. Why did they include a link to CBS stocks? Because they went down. Do you know how that works? The only reason that will go down is if CBS lost money. Do you think Forbes is just going around only on a rumor? The tie things up. Certainly, people who are Floyd fan boys lack a bit of common sense and cant understand logic. They loss money and that is an undeniable fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                This is nothing more than speculation. Unless they provide some proof from legitimate sources, it is no different than Fat Dan Rafael citing anonymous sources for his bogus PPV numbers. In fact, their story is probably based on Fat Dan' lie.
                It's pretty clear Mayweather vs Guerrero didn't do well at the box office. I mean, a major factor about Floyd's fights from a business standpoint is knowing how much business he actually did, as was provided in his fights with Cotto, De La Hoya, Mosley, Marquez which all did over 1 Million buys on PPV. This on top of the Canelo fight being pushed up a lot quicker than anyone expected, and we're supposed to believe they're "Giving the fans what they want!"...After all this time huh...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paragonpony View Post
                  $12 million on the last fight.
                  *********.com/Boxing/mayweather-could-pocket-50-million-from-clash-with-alvarez-202175
                  Finally some truth coming out.

I know that there has been forums on this but I went back to page 10 and couldnt find them so I started a new one. I really wanted the Tupac guy on this forum to read this after all the garbage he has been posting.
                  Makes sense, its why they pushed him to Canelo and he knew he had no choice but to fight him and didn't want to yet, so he went with the catchweight if he is going to fight a threat he has to drain them coming from his own comments saying that Ward drained Dawson and Pac drained Cotto, so he is self admitting trying to drain Canelo hoping his stamina turns to crap even more and he gets an advantage.

Showtime wouldn't put this fight up if they succeeded with Floyd vs. Guerrero, its too risky for both fighters, Canelo has a punchers chance and Floyd can school their up and coming star, this is a business move out of desperation, Espinoza's job is on the line, he made the mega deal with Floyd and if he doesn't deliver to Showtime his job could be in jeopardy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                    Well look what happens when you barely promote a fight. His fight with Canelo will more then make up for the loss though.

They spent millions on advertising and heavily promoted the fight they had those advertorials in the newspapers, billboards, and radio and tv and internet commercials. I saw tons of commercials on CBS, the only thing they failed to do was do a press tour to announce the fight, which they are doing now with a 7 city tour.

I think the press tour is what hurt them, they didn't do one for the guerrero fight and people want to see trash talking, it was a big mistake, and also most casual fans don't watch Showtime boxing, they need to air all those countdown shows all access on CBS not Showtime, its useless because didn't the all access with Floyd vs. Guerrero on showtime get super low ratings like 60 thousand viewers or something?

But like others have said what could have also hurt the fight was Manny Pacquiao getting KO'd, that was the only fight casual fans wanted to see, and now that Pacquiao has been KOd and washed up they lost interest, and didn't even bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      Nah it aint legit to them until worldstarhiphop and fighthype confirm it dog
                      Its only legit if it kisses Floyds azz.

Its funny you don't see Pacquiao fans slamming Forbes when they didn't list him number one paid athlete, if Forbes bumped Floyd down and said that his drawing power took a dip, they would slam Forbes calling them haters and say the magazine is owned by a racist republican or something.

they can't handle criticism at all, even when nobody is insulting Floyd if you don't exaggerate his greatness you will get attacked.

Comment

Working...
                      X