Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe, a basketball player, tearing his achilles... rendering him unable to move faster than a grandmother walking on a beach looking for sea shells... is in no way the same as breaking your orbital bone.

Both are extremely painful.... One renders you physically unable to move... the other, really really hurts. If you can deal with the pain, you can continue to fight... Even if Kobe could deal with the pain, physically, he could no longer play.

Angulos legs were good, his hands were good, and he still had vision... it just really really hurt when he got punched, and he couldn't deal with the pain. So he quit because of it.

That's exactly what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Kobe, a basketball player, tearing his achilles... rendering him unable to move faster than a grandmother walking on a beach looking for sea shells... is in no way the same as breaking your orbital bone.

Both are extremely painful.... One renders you physically unable to move... the other, really really hurts. If you can deal with the pain, you can continue to fight... Even if Kobe could deal with the pain, physically, he could no longer play.

Angulos legs were good, his hands were good, and he still had vision... it just really really hurt when he got punched, and he couldn't deal with the pain. So he quit because of it.

if kobe broke an orbital bone in a game he wouldn't be able to play either. the difference being the ref or the doctor or the GM (protecting the teams investment) would over rule the player.

Comment

• Can't imagine going 6 rounds with a shattered jaw whilst Edison Miranda continues to punch me in the mouth for the next half an hour... Though AA manned up more than most would/could... He could of quit, but he didn't. Because it was just a measure of whether or not he could fight through the pain or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Yes I am drawing a line. in angulos case he turned his back to lara to protect himself. that is not the same to me as roberto duran or ODH who sat on his stool and refused to return.

we all know what the word quit means. your non sports examples are ******ed. I equate angulos injury to other sports injuries that prevent an athlete from competing. I dont call that quitting I call it getting injured. his broken orbital bone is equal to kobe's achilles tear.

you are taking a very strong stand on this. is it because duran actually quit?
          Well, I guess, he was not that hurt because he said,"I never quit. I turned to tell (trainer) Virgil (Hunter) that my eye got thumbed twice,"

The only other fighters that have done basically the same is Duran and Ortiz. They just stopped and turned around while the fight was still going

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Astonishing, isn't it? But that's generally what happens when a bunch of teenagers who fancy themselves badasses watch an episode or two of 24/7 and decide to start posting here.

If only they applied even a tenth of that effort towards academics. Preferably reading and writing.
            The dude quit injured, horny, high as hell, or drunk regardless of the reason he quit. The doctor did not stop the fight, nor the ref or his corner he did. He got punched twice turned around and said I am done! Period end of story.

Comment

Yes I am drawing a line. in angulos case he turned his back to lara to protect himself. that is not the same to me as roberto duran or ODH who sat on his stool and refused to return.
              Turning your back is the universal quit in boxing. It doesn't matter if you quit on your stool or in the middle of a round, quitting is quitting.

we all know what the word quit means. your non sports examples are ******ed. I equate angulos injury to other sports injuries that prevent an athlete from competing. I dont call that quitting I call it getting injured. his broken orbital bone is equal to kobe's achilles tear.
              He got injured and quit. It's not a "one or the other" deal, both things occured.

you are taking a very strong stand on this. is it because duran actually quit?
              No, my stance on this has absolutely nothing to do with Roberto Duran quitting against Leonard in their rematch. The fact that you'd actually think it might is quite disturbing to me. It reminds me of other NSB 'tards (not saying you are one) that can't have a conversation about any topic without having to drag the person they're debating's avatar or sig boxer into the mix.

Roberto Duran literally has nothing to do with what went down Saturday night, or my opinions on those events. Neither does Lucas Matthysse, Mangler's quote, or the artwork of Jacob Bannon.

Comment

if kobe broke an orbital bone in a game he wouldn't be able to play either. the difference being the ref or the doctor or the GM (protecting the teams investment) would over rule the player.
                It doesn't matter.

That is just politics within two different sports so you cant compare them apples to apples.

My comparison is physical ability to continue vs physical inability to continue.

PHYSICALLY Kobe could continue to run, shoot, and play with an orbital bone fracture regardless of the pain... However he could not with a torn achilles.

Comment

• Originally posted by the reed™ View Post
                  take a walk.
                  the reed has spoken! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    Well, I guess, he was not that hurt because he said,"I never quit. I turned to tell (trainer) Virgil (Hunter) that my eye got thumbed twice,"

The only other fighters that have done basically the same is Duran and Ortiz. They just stopped and turned around while the fight was still going
                    FWIW i said the same thing about ortiz-i didn't consider him quitting when his jaw is broken.

Ortiz and angulo reacted to being hurt-duran and odh did not.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Kobe, a basketball player, tearing his achilles... rendering him unable to move faster than a grandmother walking on a beach looking for sea shells... is in no way the same as breaking your orbital bone.

Does your opinion on this matter have anything to do with Roy Jones being DQ'd in his first fight with Montell Griffin? You seem really passionate.

Comment

Working...
                      X