Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Ward win a title at cruiserweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Ward win a title at cruiserweight?

Let's face it, there more than likely is nothing left for Ward at SMW. He throughouly outclassed Froch, and would highly likely do the same again.

Ward weighs in at 175lbs fight night. If Ward added 10lbs of bulk and would weigh in at 185 he could fight at cruiserweight. Do you think he would win a title at cruiserweight? I mean RJJ won a heavyweight title!

I think he would. He is more than likely more skilled than all the top cruiserweights, the size advantage would be his main disadvantage.
    Yes
    63.41%
    No
    26.83%
    Maybe, i'm undecided.
    9.76%

Ward could easily win a title at both LHW and CW. We have already seen him outclass the best LHW there is, with ease. 7 pounds extra is not going to change the outcome of that fight. To be honest, most champions at LHW like Hopkins, Dawson, Cleverly could win titles at CW IMO simply because the division is so incredibly weak.

Comment

Yeah he could but what would be the point? There is no money in the division.

Comment

And then HW yes lol

Comment

He'd beat Marco Huck & Guillermo Jones, not sure about Hernandez and Rakhim would beast him into next year.

Comment

No.

Ward would demand that the cruiserweight title holders come down to 168 so they'd be weight-drained like Chad was.

And the "Son of Goat" would demand the fight be in Oakland, where he'd have a crooked referee who'd permit him to deliberately head butt like a billy goat.

Comment

He could probably get his hands on a paper title ala roy jones beating ruiz...

Dont ever see him being a dominant champ there.....

I do think he will own 175 before its all said and done

Comment

I could see him out pointing most of the belt holders there.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  No.

Ward would demand that the cruiserweight title holders come down to 168 so they'd be weight-drained like Chad was.

And the "Son of Goat" would demand the fight be in Oakland, where he'd have a crooked referee who'd permit him to deliberately head butt like a billy goat.
                  Don't be a silly rabbit.

Ward cannot win a CW title at 168.

Comment

I still think Dawson would have beat him at 175.

I liked what I saw those first two rounds, Chad was throwing a great counter left hook and his speed was bothering Ward. Then after two the weight drained effects kicked in and he came out for the third looking tired, slow and weaker...

Still, Ward could win a belt at 175, and he could probably grab one at cruiser too against the right opponent.

Comment

Working...
                    X