No announcement yet.

Is Canelo's size advantage overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
    People always go on about how he's supposedly so huge for his division etc... just watching his fight against Mosely I'm seeing that he weighed in at 167 on fight night vs Mosley... 3 pounds heavier than Mosley... where has all this hype about him being this huge beast who's too big for lil' floyd come from?
    I think its overrated, but Floyd doesn't. The way Alvarez fights, I don't think him coming in much heavier than Floyd will really matter. If anything, Floyd will be much faster than him because of it. It probably does add to Canelo's punching power and maybe that's why Floyd is concerned.

Comment

U want to talk about a size advantage lets talk Mayweather Marquez LOL Floyd had to make him wear sneakers prob with lifts while he was barefoot just to make it look like they were the same size LMFAO

Comment

You guys remember this?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Its underrated because the little kids in here only see a number , while their hero fights a 140 lb B grade loser , the irony is comical , I guess losers attract losers thats why they all hate a winner lol
          Lol who's "there" hero specifically bro? U , making up imaginary people to make yourself feel better? Where's all your beef with catch weights now dude? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            Lol who's "there" hero specifically bro? U , making up imaginary people to make yourself feel better? Where's all your beef with catch weights now dude? Seriously?
            Do you just ignore facts to say something , Manny weighed more than Floyd fighting the same weight JMM and got his ass handed to him , you schoolgirls are not boxing fans your just inconsistent hype junkies .

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Thanks man. I probably signed up here getting sick of reading all the Pac CW garbage, for so long. So I'm a little prickly about it, and taking advantage of the situation.

I don't really have any numbers, only guesses. I'd guess Floyd has hit mid 50ies fight night, and if not, should be no problem with a weight regime and his frame. Will make him slower probably, but still tons faster than Canelo who'd be smart to come in a little lighter than last time. He was only 166 for Lopez iirc.
              Oh no Floyd never weighed more then 140 for a fight lol. I can't believe how much that dude Reloaded criticized catch weights. His whole huge Sig and every post was about how bad catch weights are for like 2 years now suddenly catch weights are no problem at all and Floyd is outweighed by 35 pounds. By fight time it will prob be up to 100 on this board LOL. How can these dudes even post? Do they actually think anyone takes them serious?

Comment

Originally posted by xLuKeYx View Post
                Don't be silly, it'll go a little something like this:

"Canelo is a beast who outweighed money by nearly 70lbs on fight night, of course he was going to win!"

"Can you prove he outweighed Floyd by nearly 70lbs?"

"Uh, yeah, Floyd said it. Look, here's the interview"
                Yeah but that would be after 8 months of intensive counseling somewhere and a lot of crying

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  Yeah but that would be after 8 months of intensive counseling somewhere and a lot of crying
                  I dont know kid you do a lot of crying yourself , and your too stupid to see the circumstances of a CW lol , its never been about " CW " , CWs are a part of boxing its the way you use them and Floyd is a hypocrite in this situation but that dont make it unfair in a negotiation where they came to him saying a CW of 150 , then when the time comes he called them on it , then they split the difference , he owes Canelo nothing so I can see his reasons maybe 20lbs handicap is enough in his mind .

If Canelo is being pushed around by Floyd and being battered I will be one of the first to say he was weight drained , until that happens this is the biggest fight in the sport and thats why your crying , Floyd breaks more records and you lose again .

Comment

Canelo 172 vs Trout.

Floyd 150 vs Ortiz and 148.3 during the 30 day weigh-in vs Ghost

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      Canelo 172 vs Trout.

Floyd 150 vs Ortiz and 148.3 during the 30 day weigh-in vs Ghost
                      Canelo 166 for Lopez. Canelo 166.5 for 30 day weighin vs Trout. Canelo no refuse next day weigh in.

Floyd vs JMM, Mosley, Guerrero, Cotto = ????

Floyd pay 600k to JMM for not making contract 144 SW.

Comment

Working...
                      X