No announcement yet.

Is Canelo's size advantage overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
    I think Floyd is actually taller. But its funny though, the guy who is suddenly a midget, won two titles at 154.
    LOL @ your avatar. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      With the style he uses, NO, it's not an advantage. Sounds like a bunch of damage control in case he beats Floyd. Pathetic.

If he fought like Chavez Jr., YES, it would be a huge advantage.
      Exactly, Canelo doesn't necessarily impose his size on his opponents with a high workrate and brute strength.

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
        People always go on about how he's supposedly so huge for his division etc... just watching his fight against Mosely I'm seeing that he weighed in at 167 on fight night vs Mosley... 3 pounds heavier than Mosley... where has all this hype about him being this huge beast who's too big for lil' floyd come from?
        It'll be a disadvantage. His stamina wouldn't be so ****ty if he drained less

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          It's a legit point. People talk about a 22lbs difference all the time, I've even seen 30 here. I'm pretty sure it'll be around 15, if not closer to 10. But I'm not sure at all they'll show the fight night weights. I think Floyd will prefer to let his minions claim he was 22lbs lighter
          I'll take your numbers at face value and just agree in general. Well said and brief. Green K to you, sir.

Comment

It's not as much of an advantage as some would have us believe, no, but obviously enough that Floyd feels he needs to drain him even more than he already drains himself.

Comment

Put it this way, Mayweather and Pac Man for that matter fight at 147 because that's where the money is. Mayweather isn't any bigger (Muscle mass and Frame) than Danny Garcia, Lucas, or Mike Alvarado who rehydrated to 159lb in his most previous bout with Rios. To put this in perspective, you have a guy who could probably make the 140lb limit (Mayweather Sr. seems to think so at least) fighting a guy who makes 154lb and still has stamina issues which may indicate that he's too big for 154lb but isn't quite ready to give up that size advantage and move up to 160lb. For the record I like both fighters so my opinion is completely objective.
              Last edited by hhwff3000; 05-31-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Yes Canelo is a BLOATED 140lb fighter that Floyd Mayweather cherry picked, he comes in on fight night at 151lbs while Mayweather is the one that comes in at 171.

You happy now?

Sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                  I think Floyd is actually taller. But its funny though, the guy who is suddenly a midget, won two titles at 154.
                  Canelo is an inch taller, he's 5'9. Boxrec recently updated their stats, they picked the right timing

Comment

Floyd is no midgit. He's a big welterweight, who wasn't able to make the catch weight when he fought Marquez.

He has 26" arms, according to HBO, same as Wladimir Klitschko.

Canelo's arms are just 22".

Floyd's wingspan is only 1.5" longer than Canelo's (72" to 70.5"), because Floyd has girlishly narrow shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      now Floyd's a midget
                      He Peter Dinklage doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X