Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo's size advantage overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY! People are depending on it because they know that is really the only advantage he has, he don't have the skills to compete with Mayweather so you have to depend on other things I guess

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
      People always go on about how he's supposedly so huge for his division etc... just watching his fight against Mosely I'm seeing that he weighed in at 167 on fight night vs Mosley... 3 pounds heavier than Mosley... where has all this hype about him being this huge beast who's too big for lil' floyd come from?
      Oh, only 20 lbs bigger than Floyd. Let's add a realistic 7lbs for rehydration and we're only talking about a 27 lb difference. Yea, that's barely even noticeable, right?

Comment

People always go on about how he's supposedly so huge for his division etc... just watching his fight against Mosely I'm seeing that he weighed in at 167 on fight night vs Mosley... 3 pounds heavier than Mosley... where has all this hype about him being this huge beast who's too big for lil' floyd come from?
        His fan club defending him at all costs thats where. It's ridiculous the guys supposed to be the best athlete in the world but can't fight a unification in his division without a catch weight lol. It's like leonars asking hagler to come down to jr middle to fight#G@Y

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
          lol, I meant to be funny there. My point is, Floyd is no middle-weight so to speak. Canelo is a big dude, with a lot of pop, I don't' think the size advantage is overrated at all.
          Its underrated because the little kids in here only see a number , while their hero fights a 140 lb B grade loser , the irony is comical , I guess losers attract losers thats why they all hate a winner lol

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
            I'll take your numbers at face value and just agree in general. Well said and brief. Green K to you, sir.
            Thanks man. I probably signed up here getting sick of reading all the Pac CW garbage, for so long. So I'm a little prickly about it, and taking advantage of the situation.

I don't really have any numbers, only guesses. I'd guess Floyd has hit mid 50ies fight night, and if not, should be no problem with a weight regime and his frame. Will make him slower probably, but still tons faster than Canelo who'd be smart to come in a little lighter than last time. He was only 166 for Lopez iirc.

Comment

Anyway, no I don't think it's overrated. I've heard some say that 172 may have been a one time thing, but here are my reasons as to why I don't think that was the case, Trout is mobile; always on the move, a pretty good boxer with a decent jab, why would Canelo come in at 172 against a fighter who's known to make it difficult for opponents to catch up to? Doesn't make sense, unless Canelo thinks he hits that hard, but I doubt he'd be that stupid. I think he's surly outgrowing the division.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Floyd was only 7lbs when he was born whereas Canelo was 15lbs

this fight is the equivalent of Calderon vs Valuev...
                Oh man one of floyds butt boys was saying Canelo Mayweather is the equivelent of Roy Jones Lennox lewis. I don't know what factory Floyd is pumping these butt boys out from but it's really going overboard now. Imagine if he losses these guys will prob off themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  Oh man one of floyds butt boys was saying Canelo Mayweather is the equivelent of Roy Jones Lennox lewis. I don't know what factory Floyd is pumping these butt boys out from but it's really going overboard now. Imagine if he losses these guys will prob off themselves.
                  Don't be silly, it'll go a little something like this:

"Canelo is a beast who outweighed money by nearly 70lbs on fight night, of course he was going to win!"

"Can you prove he outweighed Floyd by nearly 70lbs?"

"Uh, yeah, Floyd said it. Look, here's the interview"
                  Last edited by xLuKeYx; 05-31-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                    lol, I meant to be funny there. My point is, Floyd is no middle-weight so to speak. Canelo is a big dude, with a lot of pop, I don't' think the size advantage is overrated at all.
                    Oh yeah look at this huge size advantage, Talk about david and goliath huh. I feel bad for Floyd

Comment

Against Trout he looked tiny. He isnt huge at all. He wont have height or reach advantage over Floyd, so Floyd asking for a CW is silly to say the least and makes Floyd seem so insecure.

No one has ever asked Canelo for a CW so why should Floyd get the easiest Canelo ever? If Floyd can beat SSM, and SSM didnt ask Canelo for a CW, why would Floyd need one?
                      SHould Canelo ask Floyd to shorten his arms or height? Floyd can potentially at any weight so fight Canelo at his best.

Comment

Working...
                      X