No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    This is what frustrates alot of boxing fans about Floyd's style. He lacks a killer instinct. He could have his opponent completely outclassed yet will still resort to throwing jabs and pot shots without going in for the kill. Granted his style works for him but this is why he gets criticized and called "boring". He's like the Tim Duncan of boxing.
    People didnt learn or notice until late in his career, that beneath all of his brashness Ali turned out to be a tough guy with a good beard. Maybe just maybe we've overlooked the fact that floyd has a good chin on top of great defensive skills and is willing to take umbrage with the rules and it suprises his opponents that they in there with a rough little mf, with great skill.

OH Danny Garcia has a Amish Beard

And credit to Canelo maybe he went for the real title of being the best boxer by trying to dethrone the best boxer by OUT BOXING HIM (that takes some balls) and thus really being The One, and he just realized he's not there yet, but learned what it takes.
    Last edited by MRCHOKEaMF; 09-22-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• All I'm hearing is butthurt whining from Canelo fans.

"He didn't even hurt him, all he did was outpoint him."

Da fuq? Isn't that the point of boxing? You don't need to hurt your opponent to win. No one was claiming Mayweather physically dominated him ala Gatti, as far as I recall.

Comment

• Next week this time. Canelo wins UD over a game Floyd Mayweather 116-112.

Comment

• Funny part of that fight was Round 12...Floyd was moving around the ring almost that entire round...Canelo got frustrated and just stopped following him...then Mayweather looked like "OK..." then walk to Canelo in the middle of the ring, stood right in front of him and Canelo still couldn't hit him lol.

Comment

• floyd beat canelo clearly but i gotta admit canelo did better the second time i saw it (prolly coz i was drunk the first time,lol).. he landed some good overhands and jabs on floyd .. he did a lot of pausing tho ...3 rounds i think is fair...he did better way better than guerrero thats for sure but not cotto ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              3 rds is a fair score. Wasn't a shutout. That's my only frustration. Floyd controlled most of the fight, but in no way did he dominate.
              I'd consider winning nine out of twelve rounds a domination. I have Canelo only three rounds. I could see someone maybe giving Canelo four rounds AT BEST, but there isn't any way you can honestly give him five, much less six.

And I'm being generous as it is giving Canelo three rounds. I would've given him two when I first saw the fight. The only round I thought he won convincingly was the twelfth round and that was because Floyd was cruising. This fight was another Mayweather schooling.
              Last edited by TintaBoricua; 09-22-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                I'd consider winning nine out of twelve rounds a domination. I have Canelo only three rounds. I could see someone maybe giving Canelo four rounds AT BEST, but there isn't any way you can honestly give him five, much less six.
                I agree with u. What people are saying though is even the 8-9 rounds that Floyd won were competitive. Its not as if Floyd had any lopsided dominating rounds. Yes he clearly won the fight and won most of the rounds, but it wasn't a dominating performance the way in was expecting to see after reading the posts here regarding the fight prior to watching the replay. Most of the rounds were pretty close and decided by only a few more landed jabs in favor of Floyd.

Comment

• Man you guys hold Floyd to one hell of a high standard. If he doesn't win every second of every round and totally makes every foe look like an average bum then he didn't do much. These are the highest echelons of the sport folks, the fact that Canelo won 3 rounds being as generous as you could possibly be, says all you need to know about that fight. DOMINATED.

Comment

• floyd won over a inexperience b-class weight drained canelo but nobody can't deny that the fight was another boring fight by fraud jr. luckily for me i didn't pay ***** for the usual fraud snooze fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Man you guys hold Floyd to one hell of a high standard. If he doesn't win every second of every round and totally makes every foe look like an average bum then he didn't do much. These are the highest echelons of the sport folks, the fact that Canelo won 3 rounds being as generous as you could possibly be, says all you need to know about that fight. DOMINATED.
                      It's ridiculous, man. I look at it as a backhanded compliment. These guys expects him to win every rounds without getting hit once and expected him to over-commit against a heavy-handed counter puncher in Canelo Alvarez. It has gotten to the point where they want him to fight middleweights. They try to make it sound like it would enhance his legacy, but deep down the sole reason for wanting to see him in there with a middleweight is to see him lose plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X