Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather, Ward, or Whitaker had one punch KO power???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
    Many people with one punch ko power are not good defensively because they commit so much to their punches that they get open, off balance and are wide open to counters and then... get destroyed by guys like Ward, Floyd and Whitaker
    you must mean "outboxed" rather than "destroyed"

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
      you must mean "outboxed" rather than "destroyed"
      Ward, Floyd and Whitaker destroyed their fare share of guys, Corrales is the perfect example of a guy who is commiting to much to his punches, and look what happened.

Comment

Damn, I know they obviously would fight differently. But I was speaking purely hypothetically if they fought the exact same way know but had massive power, it'd be crazy. It was more of just a random thought thread. But of course, some douche bags will come in and call someone trash or ignorant, and what not. That's how s**t works on here.

Comment

They wouldn't be the same.

Too often do fighters with power fall in love with it, or atleast take more risks.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            They wouldn't be the same.

Too often do fighters with power fall in love with it, or atleast take more risks.
            Just look at Donaire against Rigondeaux.

Comment

i think these guys are / were too smart to fall in love with their power and ignore their immense skills. i would say they would fight similar, but when they got a fighter hurt...it's full on attack mode. a fighter with the skills of floyd / pea / ward, with the show finishing ability of like a tito trinidad or somethin...DAYUM!

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                what if shaq could shoot like steve kerr?

i can't stand shaquille oneal, but if he had a butter mid range jump shot he would be unstoppable.

hell, if he could shoot free throws he would have been a candidate for the g.o.a.t.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Damn, I know they obviously would fight differently. But I was speaking purely hypothetically if they fought the exact same way know but had massive power, it'd be crazy. It was more of just a random thought thread. But of course, some douche bags will come in and call someone trash or ignorant, and what not. That's how s**t works on here.
                  This is what I was thinking when browsing this thread.

If you took Mayweather, Ward and Sweet Pea as is and ADDED 1 punch power would it be fair. Thats pretty much the question and the answer is no it wouldnt.

No shyt they wouldnt fight or train the same way but thats not what you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    no, it wouldn't

you'd have to give them Khan's chin to give other fighters a shot
                    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

until they face a granite chinned, pressure punching machine like Tony.

Comment

Working...
                      X