• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
    Your mother should've swallowed you.
    Explain why it wasn't.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=596241

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepporooni View Post
      This has no doubt been posted before but I've been noticing lately that actual boxers and trainers give Floyd plenty of credit. They can appreciate his boxing abilities. It's the fans that seem to have issues with Floyd's style and persona.
      Plenty of fans appreciate his boxing abilities, even his so called "haters". However, the ones who critique Floyd, simply aren't satisfied with years and years of safe match making and excuses as to why he can't fight this guy or that guy.

The only people with issues, are the ones who blatantly ignore that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Mr Hunter, prepare to feel the wrath (250 pages of nonsense) of ****** Nation.
        LMAO!

Originally posted by Shepporooni View Post
        This has no doubt been posted before but I've been noticing lately that actual boxers and trainers give Floyd plenty of credit. They can appreciate his boxing abilities. It's the fans that seem to have issues with Floyd's style and persona.

That's because a lot of "fans" probably never had the balls to lace 'em up, and/or never even threw their hands up in a street fight......

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
          Plenty of fans appreciate his boxing abilities, even his so called "haters". However, the ones who critique Floyd, simply aren't satisfied with years and years of safe match making and excuses as to why he can't fight this guy or that guy.

The only people with issues, are the ones who blatantly ignore that.
          Why is it that Floyd recieves 100% of the blame for certain match-ups not happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
            LMAO!

That's because a lot of "fans" probably never had the balls to lace 'em up, and/or never even threw their hands up in a street fight......
            Its deeper than that. These people genuinely hate Floyd and nothing he will ever do will warrent praise in their eyes. The reality is, there are positives and negatives to every fight and opponent. In the case of Floyd, since people don't like him, they harp on the negatives. Case in point. When Floyd tweeted prior to the Guerrero fight that he was gonna fight Alexander, this place went nuts. All of a sudden Floyd was scared ****less by the way Ghost roughed up Berto. Yet, after Floyd fights and dominates Ghost, the kid becomes a handpicked bum, according to many of the same people who said Floyd was scared to fight him. Its stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Why is it that Floyd recieves 100% of the blame for certain match-ups not happening?
              On Margarito - "he has losses and nobody knows who he is"
              On Cotto - "He needs to get his PPVS up and he lives too far"
              On Manny - "Hes ordinary, one dimensional, easy work and easy money. But he does steroids so he has to take my phony test"

Comment

• I agree with everything he said. Good, sound reasoning. The father/son analogy was spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Don't really agree with this. A big part of the reason that fans appreciate aggressive, risk-taking fighters is because we understand that it's not easy and that it's the sort of thing that not every boxer is willing to do.

It also gets tiresome how often people act as if the only alternative to Floyd's style is a toe-to-toe war. Saying that we'd like to see a guy try to be more aggressive or close the show when an opponent is hurt is not the same as saying we expect him to lead with his face from the opening bell until the last or that he should only throw haymakers.

I also think a lot of people would prefer for their sons to not fight with an overly-defensive style. Not knocking Floyd because it's his career and life on the line, but a lot of dads do want their sons to fight aggressively.
                  This is fair enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                    Who was more dominant? Saul or Floyd? I'd say the guy who knocked down his opponent multiple times ending the fight with a stoppage was. What say you?
                    Floyd was more dominant are you serious! How many times did Floyd get hit cleanly on a 147 pound champion? And how many times did canelo get hit cleanly? Canelo was getting tagged but when you are facing guys who normally fight at 140 or did you forget making them jump two weight classes with ZERO I repeat ZERO fights at 154 I repeat again ZERO fights at 154 their power might be a little shot don't you think?

You should be banned making statements like that... Robert hadn't lost since 2005 was on a 7 year streak of winning and gets outclassed so your trying to say Lopez is on Guerrero's level now? Do you want to see Floyd fight Lopez his next fight at 147 and see what happens?? OH AIGHT THEN, OH AIGHT THEN I THOUGHT SO

Comment

• Originally posted by jso416 View Post
                      I agree with what Virgil is saying, but it doesn't matter.. Other than boxing purists and people who are actually involved with boxing like trainers and young fighters who are trying to learn the sweet science that fight was not worth paying $70 dollars for. I train and been around boxing gyms my whole life and I watched with a few casual fans and they were literally falling asleep. Even when I went to work the next day people at my job called it a sparring session. Virgil can call MMA c-o-c-k fighting all he wants, but that is what people want to see.

That's the thing. They may have a point (i.e. Virgil Hunter and co. purists) as I already acknowledged in this thread. But Boxing consumers who are supposed shell out money for inflated PPV prices and tickets also have a point. Money talks, and if they say "it stinks", then it stinks. The only thing for them (the consumers to do) is show it with their wallets collectively and not giving them the 1+ million PPV buys, they seek.

It's like the Hip/Hop/Rap purists always trying to talk down to people, "educating" them about real Rap, and not that "Mainstream, Pop garbage". Except, the garbage is selling and someone obviously is having a good time listening to it, even if not carefully analyzing every lyric.

SO there is a place in Boxing for pure Boxing, and fighters shouldn't have to drop their defense and fight like Rocky, but maybe that Boxing should be on Regular NON-PPV Television. JUST MAYBE, or maybe people will keep paying and keep b1tching when they don't get what they wanted to see. Then, its their problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X