Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospects You Were Hyped On That Were A Bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Dirrell and Jorge Linares... what a shame.

I'm still a fan of Linares but I don't see him becoming elite anymore. It saddens me.

Edit: I didn't know of them when they were prospects though. But you get my point.

Comment

Going back abit but I thought Roger Mayweather would have an illustrious career.

I'll never forget the day Lockridge knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Going back abit but I thought Roger Mayweather would have an illustrious career.

I'll never forget the day Lockridge knocked him out.
        He didn't have a great career but a respectable one. After Lockridge stopped him he went on to win championships in other weight classes. I wouldn't say Roger was a bust.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
          He didn't have a great career but a respectable one. After Lockridge stopped him he went on to win championships in other weight classes. I wouldn't say Roger was a bust.
          Oh no, not at all.

Roger had a very respectful and good career. In losing efforts he dropped Whitaker and gave Chavez a whole lot of trouble.

Had some very good winning performances also. Especially the Serrano fight.

I just meant that I was expecting a HOF worthy career, he just didn't achieve what I was expecting him to.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Oh no, not at all.

Roger had a very respectful and good career. In losing efforts he dropped Whitaker and gave Chavez a whole lot of trouble.

Had some very good winning performances also. Especially the Serrano fight.

I just meant that I was expecting a HOF worthy career, he just didn't achieve what I was expecting him to.
            i always like the roger-vinny paz fight.

Roger was a goon in that fight.

Comment

Soon to be on this list: Zou Shiming.

Comment

Vicious Vivian Harris, David Reid...

Special consideration to Zab.. He lit up so fast then Kosta happened... To me he was never the same.. All the talent in the world.. He isn't a bust, but could've been much more...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                  Soon to be on this list: Zou Shiming.
                  I don't really believe in that hype. Not sure a lot of boxing fans do. The guy has no power and he is old. Arum will milk him for all his worth in Macau.

I seen Gambo maybe getting stopped at these higher weights if he continues to show boat.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    Andre Dirrell and Jorge Linares... what a shame.

I'm still a fan of Linares but I don't see him becoming elite anymore. It saddens me.

Edit: I didn't know of them when they were prospects though. But you get my point.
                    Good call on Andre Dirrell... he was a very good talent. Now I don't even know where he is.

Comment

Joe Greene
                      Zab Judah
                      James Kirkland
                      Andre Dirrell

I wasn't that high on Greene but I know him personally and feel he should be in a better place in his career now but he makes a good living outside of boxing so w/e

Judah could have accomplished more but we know the story...Kirkland and Dirrell still have time but both seem to be in bad shape, career-wise...

I hope I don't have to add Danny Jacobs to the list, he's a good guy...but boxing doesn't love anybody

Comment

Working...
                      X