Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prospects You Were Hyped On That Were A Bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-Alfredo Angulo,got too excited with this guy´s power that I failed to notice his lack of skill.

-Omar Chavez,a few years ago there was some buzz about him supossedly being the the best of Chavez Sr´s sons,the bar is not to high and the worst thing is that he´s still at the bottom.
    Last edited by ergheiz; 05-15-2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Robert Helenius,

he was a beast and destroyed lot of the same guys the Klit bros had bit harder time fighting then he got exposed by Chisora.

Man I thought he'd be the next era and the one to KO Wlad at least but now it seems both Klit bros would school him bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ergheiz View Post
        -Alfredo Angulo,got too excited with this guy´s power that I failed to notice his lack of skill.

-Omar Chavez,a few years ago there was some buzz about him supossedly being the the best of Chavez Sr´s sons,the bar is not to high and the worst thing is that he´s still at the bottom.

He wasn't so bad, but he killed a guy in the ring and he was never the same.

Comment

Greg Page
          John Mugabi
          Jermain Taylor
          Jeff Lacy
          Rey Bautista
          Bernabe Concepcion
          Jorge Linares
          Kelly Pavlik

some were not really prospects but i thought they would accomplish more. a lot more.

Comment

Lacy never recovered from that night in Cardiff.
            I was a big Pavlik fan but his problems have been well documented.

Comment

I see a lot of post mentioning former title holders as prospects.. If you win a title you are not a prospect.

Comment

Juanma Lopez

I thought he was going to be an absolute superstar but nope!

Same with Gamboa really

Both good but I thought they were going to be worldwide sensations like Pacquiao became

Comment

I remember years ago people used to take about Berto and Chad Dawson like they were going to DOMINATE boxing

NOPES.........

Comment

Originally posted by mlord View Post
                    I see a lot of post mentioning former title holders as prospects.. If you win a title you are not a prospect.
                    I know, I think a lot of posters are missing the concept here. The key word is "prospect." Guys like Zab Judah, Amir Khan, Jermaine Taylor, Kelly Pavlik, et al were not "prospects" when they went bust. They had won titles and competed and won at the elite level.

That said, here are my "prospects":

Robert Helenius - this guy was knocking guys out left and right and was fighting highly respected opponents in his still early career. However, he's lost some of his swagger and ring savy since the Chisora fight and has battled injuries for the last several years. As of now, he's a "bust" but it's far from a forgone conclusion whether he'll get back to his old ways or continue on the path of mediocrity.

Few others include Denis Boytsov and Edison Miranda

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                      i still have hope for victor ortiz

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
                      Me too. Matter of fact, where is Sillakh? Haven't seen much of him since his loss.
                      He fought twice since then, he got staggered by the guy he fought a couple months back. SMH

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
                      I always thought James Kirkland would end up better than he did although his career isnt done with
                      His career is pretty much done, isn't he having legal battle with Golden Boy, his trainer and his manager?
                      Last edited by Light_Speed; 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X