No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Canelo vs. Cotto, The Best Fight For Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
    No Canelo should fight a few more 154 pounders. We really don't know how good he really is. I mean think about it you even said that "That's right Cotto and Oscar were older and already past there best" so if Trout beat a Cotto that was old and pass his best, how can we determine how good he really is? Then Canelo's biggest win came against Trout so how do we really know how good Canelo is. I mean Canelo has fought nothing but 140 and 147 pounders thats a fact you can google it and they were not even good 140 or 147 pounders (N'dou, Lopez, Gomez, Matthew Hatton) just to name a few C'MON MAN, so once again how good is he?
    I'm good with him fighting Cotto. I think it will be an exciting fight. Very marketable! Especially since its Mexico vs. Puerto Rico and there styles make for a good fight .

Two good names, and 2 fighters I like. I would love to see this fight next. It would build a fight with Mayweather if Canelo wins. All I said is that Floyd should fight him at 154 if it happens being that he has campaigned there twice before and holds a title there.

Comment

Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
      Have you looked at Canelo's resume. I think that speaks for itself as far as being a hype job. The dude has beat nothing but old 140 and 147 pounders. I mean there is not one fighter that's he has beat besides Trout that you can say was close to their prime NOT ONE. I mean I give him credit for Trout but I don't know how much credit to give him. Trout's biggest victory is against Cotto the same Cotto that was supposedly old and washed up when Floyd beat him so how much credit do you get for that? I think he will end up like Chavez Jr begging for a fight and then when you finally get it, you get exposed.
      Really dude, the triangle theory? Canelo is a 23 year old superstar, a champion that beat a guy that almost everyone on this forum said would "box Canelo's ears off" and the kid still gets no love. Incredible.

If you think Canelo is anything like Chavez Jr., you were probably one of those guys saying Canelo's ears were going to be boxed off by Trout or say the fight was a draw. Why bicker, Canelo gets knocked for wanting to fight the best? Geez.

Why do *****'s put every excuse in the book not to fight Canelo? What are they scared of?

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        He arguably lost to Trout.
        Baahahahaahaha there is the good stuff and reason why I frequent this forum. To read ridiculous comments like the one above. Arguably? Yea, if you are arguing with somebody that knows zero about boxing.

Who would you have rather been, Canelo or Trout? Yea, that's what I thought. I just settled your "argument" with that question. Everyone and their mother knows Canelo took rounds off because it was in the bag. He was hitting Trout at will and displayed incredible defense. But when RunWeather has done this, which he as done his entire career (snooze), it's great boxing right? GTFO.

I'd rather watch paint dry than some if not most of RunWeather's snooze fest "fights."

Comment

Unless Cotto is on Manny juice, cleaned up his scar tissue and fixed his gassing out issues I would have him wiping the floor with Canelo. The problem is he hasn't fixed any of his issues and he won't be taking anything to help his stamina and chin. So... I got Canelo but not as bad of a beat down as some might think, Canelo takes break during a fight so I see a lot of slow spots for Cotto to where he won't be Margarito pressured. He'll make Canelo look bad for 4 or 5 rounds then gas out and Canelo will show his talent.

Cotto's done at 154, I give him a shot at beating anyone at 147 except for Floyd. Sadly, he's too lazy to make the weight so his career is pretty much over in my book, he can't beat a relevant JMW and he won't move down to 147. So it was a nice career Cotto, but just retire after this fight it's kind of sad watching him fight after 9 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
            Baahahahaahaha there is the good stuff and reason why I frequent this forum. To read ridiculous comments like the one above. Arguably? Yea, if you are arguing with somebody that knows zero about boxing.

Who would you have rather been, Canelo or Trout? Yea, that's what I thought. I just settled your "argument" with that question. Everyone and their mother knows Canelo took rounds off because it was in the bag. He was hitting Trout at will and displayed incredible defense. But when RunWeather has done this, which he as done his entire career (snooze), it's great boxing right? GTFO.

I'd rather watch paint dry than some if not most of RunWeather's snooze fest "fights."

I have forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know. Also, I watched the fight as an objective observer, not a Caneo/Trout nuthugger like you. Trout landed about 50 more punches so I don't know what your idea of incredible defense is, but Alvarez damn sure didn't show it and Mayweather always outlands his opponent. That is the definition of great defense.

Alvarez's own promoter did not want to make the fight with Trout because he thought Alvarez would lose, but your stupid ass thinks you know more about boxing than his own promoter. Alvarez couldn't beat Robert Guerrerro at this point. Why the hell do you think they are talking about pitting Alvarez against a past his prime Cotto who has lost his last two fights (just like Mosley when Alvarez fought him) instead of Lara or one of the the other top contenders? If you weren't so f.....king stupid, you would know why.
            Last edited by big_james10; 05-14-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
              I have forgotten more about boxing than you will ever know. Also, I watched the fight as an objective observer, not a Caneo/Trout nuthugger like you. Trout landed about 50 more punches so I don't know what your idea of incredible defense is, but Alvarez damn sure didn't show it and Mayweather always outlands his opponent. That is the definition of great defense.

Alvarez's own promoter did not want to make the fight with Trout because he thought Alvarez would lose, but your stupid ass thinks you know more about boxing than his own promoter. Alvarez couldn't beat Robert Guerrerro at this point. Why the hell do you think they are talking about pitting Alvarez against a past his prime Cotto who has lost his last two fights (just like Mosley when Alvarez fought him) instead of Lara or one of the the other top contenders? If you weren't so f.....king stupid, you would know why.
              You want to talk about Canelo's promoters not wanting to to face Trout and that I think I know more than they do, which has zero to do with my point but here is my response. TROUT HIMSELF SAID HE LOST, but your stupid ass thinks you know more about it than the actual FIGHTER. Feeling a bit dumb? Well, you sure sound like it buddy.

BTW - I absolutely love how you completely gloss over my question. Who would you have rather been, Canelo or Trout? You know that answer but don't want to say - we both know the answer. So please stop saying Canelo "arguably" beat Trout because he didn't arguably beat him. He beat him period, end of story.

Now, let's talk Canelo's defense. Dude, Trout only landed 20% of the 769 punches he threw! And you say that is not impressive? Come on bro, that's not being "objective," that is being a Trout "nut hugger" as you say or a Canelo hater - either or.

They are talking about Cotto because it will make the most money and RunWeather will not face Canelo. Period. Dude, we both know Lara will put maybe 2 people in the crowd. Who else is there, please let me know, Vanes, Kirkland, Angulo, Ishe Smith? lol please. If you weren't so f.....king stupid, you would know why they won't make those fights.

Comment

Brilliant matchmaking move if it happens.. will not be surprised if it backfires horribly. War Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                X