No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Sr. is Not Impressed With Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    trout fight was'nt that impressive , i thought trout beat him 8-4 tbh ...
    I had Trout winning by one point (114-113)...I couldn't find an extra round to give him...

The main issue I have with this potential Floyd/Canelo matchup is the weight that Canelo would come at walking to the ring. The guy was a 171 pounds or so vs. Trout (who was around the same weight). Floyd probably peaks at 153...

Either way, Floyd still has most of the advantages if they fight, including reach...

If Floyd doesn't fight Canelo, then Devon Alexander is on the clock...that's pretty much it...who else is left for Floyd to fight?

Canelo
    Alexander
    GBP's highest rated guy at 140 (Khan, Garcia, Peterson, or Matthysse) in 2014
    Martinez (if he doesn't retire first)

That's four opponents right there

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      alvarez arguably lost his last fight, not impressed either.
      Anybody who has Trout winning that fight are idiots. At worst, and I mean at worst u could give it to Canelo 114-113. No way Trout won that fight. Saying Trout won 7 rounds if freakin laughable. And we bash on the judges??? lol. Some idiot fans cant even call a fight right.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        trout fight was'nt that impressive , i thought trout beat him 8-4 tbh ...
        Trout winning 8-4???? Rotflmfao !! I love this sight. It's a credible news site but the idiocy statements on the forums amazes me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          I'm saying he has the physical tools to win. He has the handspeed, the accuracy and most importantly the power.

However, I don't think he can just lean back and wait for the perfect shot, he has to attack and the early rounds are imo his best opportunity.
          He's definately not slow n pretty accurate but hitting Floyd with accuracy is a whole different obstacle ....what I'm saying is that would have change canelos way of fighting wich to me is a bad thing to do to a fighter especially in biggest fight of his life against the best opponent of his life...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenChamp View Post
            Anybody who has Trout winning that fight are idiots. At worst, and I mean at worst u could give it to Canelo 114-113. No way Trout won that fight. Saying Trout won 7 rounds if freakin laughable. And we bash on the judges??? lol. Some idiot fans cant even call a fight right.
            At least we wouldn't give Canelo 8 consecutive rounds like one judge did...

Comment

People tend to judge Canelo on the way he fought trout. Canelo is intelligent . He can adapt to his opponents style . He won't fight mayweather the way he fought trout. Canelo is fast. Don't fool yourself with the guerrero fight. Canelo will hit mayweather and hard. Canelos accuracy is ridicoulous. I don't know who would win this fight to be honest. If Canelo can stay confident and dictate the fight his way then he can win.

Comment

I used to be a Mayweather hater, but still a huge fan of boxing and a devout follower of the sport for the last 25 years. My arguement was that Floyd would have never beaten Leonard Hearns or Duran at 147. But I continued watching Floyd's fights and being impressed by his skills. After his win over Mosley, I was convinced. This is one of the all time greats and he would be champion in any era. After Mosley's annihilation of Margarito, I thought he was the best at 147. This fight with Floyd would be Floyd's 1st true test at 147. When Mosley caught him with those 2 huge right hands and his legs gave out, I just knew it was over and he was finally revealed. But Floyd did something that all the greats have done thru out the history of the sport. He gritted down, locked in and went to work, beating Mosley easily.

That was it for me. Say what you want and go find any "SAVIOR" you want to fight this guy. No one matches his skill level and determination to be great. Thinking Canelo could beat Floyd is an insult to anyone with any boxing knowledge. Why does he even deserve a fight against Floyd when he has only fought 1 true legit 154lber??? How does it creep into anyones mind that a young fighter with stamina issues and never been in with the elite, can come close to competing with a masterful technician who has no clue on how to lose??? These primitive ideas are coming from haters and people that just can't wait to see his fall from the top. Their is no true logic in thinking guys like Canelo, Garcia, Matthyyse, GGG, and whoever else can compete with this all time great. Pacquiao makes sense, but that's only if he is on the power pellets. But that's why that fight didn't take place in the 1st place. Manny's people knew the deal. Now they want to take the test because they are ready to cash out and Manny wants to retire. The only true challenge for Floyd would be to move up to 160 and fight Martinez for the undisputed Middleweight Championship.It makes sense financially and would be a very interesting fight with Floyd going up in weight. Besides that...haters keep hating and wishing.Like Ali and Leonard and Jones, you will have to wait until he gets old. Then you MIGHT get him.

Comment

More people scored Trout-Canelo for Trout. http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com/

I personally scored it for Trout. But was not mad at the decision becuz it was close.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    More people scored Trout-Canelo for Trout. http://fightscorecollector.blogspot.com/

I personally scored it for Trout. But was not mad at the decision becuz it was close.
                    I had canelo win by a point due to the knockdown but how anyone says canelo dominated trout is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      People tend to judge Canelo on the way he fought trout. Canelo is intelligent . He can adapt to his opponents style . He won't fight mayweather the way he fought trout. Canelo is fast. Don't fool yourself with the guerrero fight. Canelo will hit mayweather and hard. Canelos accuracy is ridicoulous. I don't know who would win this fight to be honest. If Canelo can stay confident and dictate the fight his way then he can win.
                      Canelo is intelligent yes, Canelo is improving yes, Canelo does adapt yet but you know and I know that his biggest problem is that stamina and the pace that he fights at, he cannot afford to fight at a slow pace , threw less punches and then gas after 6 rounds.... That's a typical Mayweather gameplan, Mayweather performs better when his opponents fights in spurts or at a slow pace, it suits him because he can counter them when they decide to throw and then he is landing everytime they are taking a break, and the worse his that stamina because he would be eating right hands all night if he gets tired against the most accurate puncher of this generation, someone that doesn't waste his punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X