No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Sr. is Not Impressed With Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    No, I'm saying his power is the potential difference in this fight. Ruslan Provodnikov has a punchers chance, Saul Alvarez has a legit opportunity to stop him.

You seem upset that anyone might think Alvarez could win.
    im not upset. im debating. its your right to think alvarez can win. i simpy disagree and i state my reasons. now back to the argument at hand, u argue canelo's power is the difference maker rite? what does that mean? what else does canelo do besides power that u think would be threatening to floyd? does caneo fight in a style that usually causes problems for floyd? its seems to me u and a lot of other ppl are banking on canelo being to big and powerful for floyd. u tippy toe around it but thats what u are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      He may hit harder but not "far" better. Guerrero fights the entire round, Canelo fights in spurts. Forget who the competition was on Saturday... The question is whether Floyd is "far" better than Trout. If Canelo doesn't get a score a KO, Floyd wins by UD.
      A lot harder which counts for a lot when facing a smaller opponent like Mayweather. The other thing is that Canelo's power-punching is very accurate, almost doubling Trout's accuracy. He has a good shot at winning but he can't sit back and let Mayweather into his groove, he has to attack him from the outset.

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      im not upset. im debating. its your right to think alvarez can win. i simpy disagree and i state my reasons. now back to the argument at hand, u argue canelo's power is the difference maker rite? what does that mean? what else does canelo do besides power that u think would be threatening to floyd?
      His own punching accuracy and handspeed. Also, there is the question of whether Floyd can hurt him.

does caneo fight in a style that usually causes problems for floyd? its seems to me u and a lot of other ppl are banking on canelo being to big and powerful for floyd. u tippy toe around it but thats what u are saying.
      It's more his punching power than his size. I think Cotto and Trout are better boxers, but Canelo has the ability to hurt both.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 05-10-2013, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Amen!! And I'm Mexican! And not a Eff el oMO!

Comment

A lot harder which counts for a lot when facing a smaller opponent like Mayweather. The other thing is that Canelo's power-punching is very accurate, almost doubling Trout's accuracy. He has a good shot at winning but he can't sit back and let Mayweather into his groove, he has to attack him from the outset.
          So he can gas out by the 4th round and then get picked apart????

Comment

His own punching accuracy and handspeed. Also, there is the question of whether Floyd can hurt him.

It's more his punching power than his size. I think Cotto and Trout are better boxers, but Canelo has the ability to hurt both.
            Well, we know from his previous fights he will sit back and wait for the perfect punch. He did it against Mosely, Trout, and everyone except for Lopez. Don't get me wrong, Canelo has a chance. But I'm reluctant to say he has the style to beat Floyd. I just don't see it happening.

Comment

alvarez arguably lost his last fight, not impressed either.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGALAC View Post
                So he can gas out by the 4th round and then get picked apart????
                The longer the fight goes on, the more it plays into Mayweather's hands. He'll be accumulating the punches on Alvarez and he is visibly fitter over 12 rounds.

IMO if Alvarez stands there and tried to counter-punch or wait for angles he's not going to win the fight. You don't get those opportunities against Mayweather. Canelo has to get on him early and make his punches count.

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                Well, we know from his previous fights he will sit back and wait for the perfect punch. He did it against Mosely, Trout, and everyone except for Lopez. Don't get me wrong, Canelo has a chance. But I'm reluctant to say he has the style to beat Floyd. I just don't see it happening.
                If he does that, imo he's going to lose.

Comment

I'm high as hell right now. I read all of that in his own voice.

But lil Floyd will indeed touch that Mexican Leprechaun up. Lmao look at that guys foot movement. Nowhere near ready for Floyd but I'm already ready for this talk to be over. At least Pacquiao had explosiveness behind him but I look at Canelo like really? Dudes lead foot looks like its in quick sand. He moves like he has hemorrhoids. Can't wait for that talk to be over.

Comment

his punching accuracy is inflated because he frankly doesnt throw many punches. he doesnt throw jabs and he waits for perfect shots before punching. he is not at all like floyd, who creates his own openings. if anything i think his punch accuracy will hurt him not help him. and his handspeed is decent. its nowhere near as good as it would need to be to make a difference. i dont see it being an issue. and saying he can hurt trout and cotto is fine, but its another thing entirely to expect him to hurt floyd. its really not at al that easy. most pp understand it and canelo banking on that going into a fight would be a recipe for failure. but hey, im sure thats what most are hoping, a manny pacquiao/jmm moment.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me...

Just barely over a year ago, everyone was clamoring that Canelo was an overhyped Golden Boy wannabe. Now that he's beat Trout, people are saying Canelo can beat Floyd and that Money is afraid of him.

All fandom aside, when will people let reality set in? We saw Floyd is still super fast in the ring and...... ahhh crap I almost began to type all of his other attributes until I realized I don't want to be up all night typing it. To summarize, we all know Floyd is ****ing AMAZING.

Canelo, although hyped and exciting, is way to slow for Floyd. We all witnessed him fail to trap Trout who has "decent" footwork and hand speed that was faster than Canelo's hands. Guerrero is more mobile than Canelo. So how in the hell does anyone expect Canelo to catch Floyd in the ring????? HOW????? Just please answer that question.

Yes Canelo has power. But the bottom line is it's not 1 punch KO power and he still has to catch Floyd cleanly- REPEATEDLY to KO Floyd.

Close your eyes.... visualize it. Canelo walks out flat footed as usual. We all know Mayweather is going to stick and move so fast that Canelo will hit nothing but air with his counters. This will happen for 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X