No announcement yet.

How Much Can Khan Improve At WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Can Khan Improve At WW?

he's finally gonna do what Ive been wanting him to do for a couple of years. He was talking a long time ago about moving to WW. He then loses or looks bad so he has to stay down at 140 to redeem himself but he doesnt understand that he cant redeem himself because he is too big for 140.

I think he is a taller dude who is getting thicker. I think his chin gets better at WW like Cotto's did and I just think overall he looks like a better, stronger, fresher fighter. I like Alexander alot and I think he may be back on track but if Khan looks at WW like I think he will then Ill pick him over Devon

Yeah I think it's time for him to move up, he has said since the Diaz fight that he found it tough to make the 143 catchweight. We might see an improved Khan at 147, I haven't been too impressed with his last 4 performances and weight-draining might possibly play a role in why he seems to be under-achieving. I do think he needs to spend a lot more time working on technique in-between fights and a lot less time chilling out in the UK.

Comment

The weight/his punch resistance isn't the main concern. Its his lack of brain, his shoddy defense, horrible punch selection, bad footwork though if I was him I'd be trying to add lean muscle tissue to my legs and improving my footwork/balance/coordination as hes very top half heavy.

He has very weak legs and it shows when he gets hit.

Comment

If moving to 147 helps him take a punch because he was weak at 140 then he could improve some. His weak chin is his biggest flaw. I don't know if it's just another excuse or not. If his chin does not not improve he is in big trouble because welterweights hit harder than Jr. welterweights. If he was weak at 140 why didn't he move up to 147 long ago? What was stopping him? Khan always seems to have some excuse for his poor showings. I thought he looked very good in his fights with Maidana, Judah and Paulie. He looked decent against Peterson but not as good as before. I think he looked terrible in his two fights under Hunter. Now Khan is talking about fighting Mayeather in September and says the world wants to see that fight. Sorry Khan but the world saw you just barely beat an unranked fighter in England and they don't want to see you fight Mayweather because you are not worthy. If Khan wants the Mayweather fight he should earn it by beating Alexander. I think Alexander would KO Khan but if he beats Alexander then I have no problem with him fighting Mayweather.

Comment

Unless he has been drained and weakened by making 140, i dont see him doing much better, other then being matched better

Comment

People, it just wasn't his chin that made him so fundamentally flawed (weight issues or not) it was just as much about how he often abandoned his game plan and opted to exchange when he had the advantages when he was boxing.

Comment

well I thought the Peterson fight was suppose to be his last fight at 140. He talked about it non stop before then. Then he loss and felt he had to stay there to get revenge or claim the divison. Then he lost to Garcia and it started over again.......lol

Now his performances have been so bad that I think he feels like its better off just going to 147 and fighting those guys later than to keep putting on crap performances. With that being said, until he looks great at WW then its just an excuse and its a guy grasping at his last straw. Hopefully for him, it works out because if he looks shaky again then he has nothing else to fall back on except to accept that he's just not elite and his best days are behind him

Comment

if he's allowed to wear a helmet?

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                  People, it just wasn't his chin that made him so fundamentally flawed (weight issues or not) it was just as much about how he often abandoned his game plan and opted to exchange when he had the advantages when he was boxing.
                  true but thats all Hunter tallked non stop about and was suppose to fix

Comment

Khan nor Alexander deserve a fight with floyd so even if one beats the other they don't deserve it these 2 don't deserve a fight with floyd until they get a couple of good wins

Comment

Working...
                    X