Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto eyes $10 million purse for Canelo fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo should take this fight before fighting mayweather. it would be a great to see what he can do with a fighter who has been in the ring against floyd.

Comment

canelo should not give him this pay check.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by MatthyssePower View Post
        Cotto eyes $10 million purse against Canelo

By Rey Colón -The Sport Press

Three-time world champion in different divisions Miguel Cotto reportedly could earn a purse of $10 million in a September 14th showdown against undefeated WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. The fight would be a production of Canelo Promotions, Golden Boy Promotions and Miguel Cotto Promotions so the negotiations to reach a financial agreement shouldn’t present problems given Cotto’s close relationship with Oscar de la Hoya, President of GBP. Although Cotto has lost his last two fights, his market value hasn’t diminished dramatically due to how close the fights were against Floyd Mayweather Jr. and then Austin Trout.
        Canelo destroys Cotto based on sheer size difference and will to win. Cotto has never belonged at 154, his power there is mediocre and his speed is terrible at that weight.

Comment

I want this fight bad! One of boxings best fights atm.

Comment

10 million?
            Canelo only makes like 1 million and some change.... I guess Cotto is getting the bulk of the money

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
              Cotto lost his last fight...
              Canelo still has the selling point and he beat the guy who beat Cotto last time.
              Cotto is the third largest draw in boxing behind Mayweather and Pacquiao. If this fight happens, Cotto takes the lions share.

Comment

If this were true, wouldn't have Cotto/Trout been PPV worthy? Third biggest draw in boxing? I'm not saying that Cotto isn't a big name still, but I don't think his drawing power isn't nearly what it used to be. He has lost 4 of his last 9, and 3 of his last 6.

Comment

Working...
                X