Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here think Garcia would beat Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Can I ask you, in which fight has the popular opinion changed the outcome of a fight?? I'll wait..
    Popular opinion has plenty to do with who gets fights, who is ranked where, who makes money, etc.

Pac didn't move down after getting robbed against Bradley. Matthysse became hyped because people think he was robbed against Judah and know he was robbed against Alexander. Marquez got a 4th fight against Pac because the third fight is considered a robbery. Chisora got a Vitali fight because he was robbed against Helenius.

I'd argue popular opinion means as much, if not more than the actual results do. Especially in this day and age where it's much easier for fans to make their opinions known.

Comment

I think it would be competitive for a few rounds but I think Lucas finds him with a giant right and puts him down somewhere around the 5th and then the fight completely changes in Lucas' favor. Garcia gets overly aggressive trying to regain the point he lost and gets caught more and more until the TKO in the 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Popular opinion has plenty to do with who gets fights, who is ranked where, who makes money, etc.

Pac didn't move down after getting robbed against Bradley. Matthysse became hyped because people think he was robbed against Judah and know he was robbed against Alexander. Marquez got a 4th fight against Pac because the third fight is considered a robbery. Chisora got a Vitali fight because he was robbed against Helenius.

I'd argue popular opinion means as much, if not more than the actual results do. Especially in this day and age where it's much easier for fans to make their opinions known.
        So in other words never..Not to mention both Judah and Alexander both have had title fights while Matts(the people champ) has had none..See how much weight the popular opinion holds?? There's ya proof right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          So in other words never..Not to mention both Judah and Alexander both have had title fights while Matts(the people champ) has had none..See how much weight the popular opinion holds?? There's ya proof right there.
          Matthysse has a tournament set up to match him with Garcia. That's the entire point of this tournament, is to build Matthysse-Garcia. I'd say that's plenty of a chance he's getting for someone who, "lost to Judah and Alexander."

Meh, we're never going to agree on this Rome. I like you anyway.

And unlike others, I wouldn't dare accuse you of saying this just to hate on Matthysse. You're consistent about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Matthysse has a tournament set up to match him with Garcia. That's the entire point of this tournament, is to build Matthysse-Garcia. I'd say that's plenty of a chance he's getting for someone who, "lost to Judah and Alexander."

Meh, we're never going to agree on this Rome. I like you anyway.

And unlike others, I wouldn't dare accuse you of saying this just to hate on Matthysse. You're consistent about it.
            You know it bro,it's just a different way of viewing things..But as you stated I don't hate Matt's at all..I actually like him and have giving him credit on being more then a power puncher as well(Matt's has very underrated skills imho)..

He is part of the tournament,but how long did it take him to get in this position??It was because of those L's why it took him this long..I mean he did fight Alexander in 2011,and fought Judah in 2010..That's two and three yrs ago bro..

I just feel in any sport the outcome is law..If in a Basketball game an official makes a bad foul call that sends a player to the line and that player hits the game winning free throw..We can all have an opinion about how bad the call was(or say the losing team was robbed),but that's not going to change the outcome..Boxing is really no different..It's just a different way of viewing things man..No harm or foul tbh..You that dude bro,a stand up boxing fan imo..

Comment

I lean towards Lucas in this one. I reckon it could be a barnburner, would love to see it.

Comment

Really tough fight to call. I would lean towards Matts beacuase they are both going to take big shots and I just think Matts is the bigger puncher overall. Danny can absolutely win this fight though, should be a hell of a scrap if it goes down.

Comment

if it happens - i.e. IF lucas gets past peterson, and garcia doesnt get next crack at floyd - then it is a match-up between two of the top 140's. both have a chance but i'd favour garcia to win.

Comment

Garcia always been better than Lucas.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      Yeah. I'll bump this thread on May 19th.
                      I dodged it!!! I thought I made an ass of myself in this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X