Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody here think Garcia would beat Matthysse?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calicoe View Post
    all i'm saying is people shouldn't act like garcia is easy-work for matthysse when they're are both neck and neck in terms of ability only garcia is more accomplished.
    thats the thing i do think that hes easy work for matthysse. i dont see them as neck and neck at all. i think garcia gets stopped brutally

Comment

Would be a war with Garcia getting worn down and eventually stopped. Matthysse's punching power is not exaggerated, Judah himself said "Danny Garcia is no Matthysse" when it comes to punching power, and Danny gets hit too much. I just can't see him soaking up those Matthysse right hands and making it to the finish line. He might, but I very much doubt it.

Comment

I would find it very funny if Matt's does not even make it to a Garcia fight..He still has to deal with Peterson(which is no easy task),not for nothing..I think Peterson beats Matt's as well..Matt's has to prove to me he can win a big fight,he has not done it yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Matt's has to prove to me he can win a big fight,he has not done it yet..
          I don't think that's a fair argument. Peterson edging a decision over Khan in his home town where he got two points deductions in his favour (and still lost on a lot of people's cards) is not superior to Matthysse beating Judah and Alexander (on the overwhelming majority of fan and press scorecards) and being denied the decisions unless you're extremely biased against Matthysse.

And by the way, I think Peterson could beat Matthysse, I just think comments like that are completely ridiculous. Some people really make it look like they're searching for excuses to deny Matthysse credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I don't think that's a fair argument. Peterson edging a decision over Khan in his home town where he got two points deductions in his favour (and still lost on a lot of people's cards) is not superior to Matthysse beating Judah and Alexander (on the overwhelming majority of fan and press scorecards) and being denied the decisions unless you're extremely biased against Matthysse.

And by the way, I think Peterson could beat Matthysse, I just think comments like that are completely ridiculous. Some people really make it look like they're searching for excuses to deny Matthysse credit.
            I'm a results kinda guy bro..What peoples opinions are is all well and good..I like to look at outcomes..Weather I agree with them or not..The outcome of a fight is law..You should know this about me already..

Peterson and Garcia have made the best out of their opportunity,Matt's has not..Which is why it's totally a valid point to make,one that might sting you a lil because the truth hurts when in relation to a fighter you might like..Make no mistake tho,that is the truth..TBH and all I'm trying to say by that comment..

Comment

No matter what happens against Peterson, the style match up is way in favor of Matthysse. Garcia would have to fight completely different than he does to beat Lucas.

Comment

I'm a results kinda guy bro..What peoples opinions are is all well and good..I like to look at outcomes..Weather I agree with them or not..The outcome of a fight is law..You should know this about me already..

Peterson and Garcia have made the best out of their opportunity,Matt's has not..Which is why it's totally a valid point to make,one that might sting you a lil because the truth hurts when in relation to a fighter you might like..Make no mistake tho,that is the truth..TBH and all I'm trying to say by that comment..
                How did Peterson make the most of his opportunity when most think he lost, but Matthysse didn't when most think he won? Seriously, Rome, what the hell?

Comment

All the top 140 are more or less at the same level one way or another.

They all have a chance to beat each other. Only one way to find out and is to make them fight each other which is happening now.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                    All the top 140 are more or less at the same level one way or another.

They all have a chance to beat each other. Only one way to find out and is to make them fight each other which is happening now.
                    I agree with this. This is a 50 50 fight. Both hit hard and the one who lands the early heavy blows could well swing things. It is a tight fight.

Comment

"I'm a results kinda guy" = I steadfastly refuse to acknowledge reality

Honestly you seem to be descending into some sort of anti-Matthysse fantasy world of out sheer contrarianism, where fundamental elements of the real world such as 'bad decisions' have to be eliminated so the fantasy can be sustained.

Well hometown decisions do exist, and Matthysse winning the fights in the eyes of most observers and being on the receiving end of them is not 'blowing his opportunity' in the way you're trying to say it is. Blowing his opportunity would have been getting clearly beaten and being forgotten about by the boxing public. And that certainly isn't what happened.

Comment

Working...
                      X